Author Topic: Unable to get the FS1 Port working correctly  (Read 4371 times)

Offline Sevanti

Unable to get the FS1 Port working correctly
I think I've figured out the main problem, it appears that I'm unable to download the 3.612 MediaVPs. The links provided when trying to install the mods manually unfortunately are both coming up dead. Logs when I run the FreespaceOpenInstaller come up saying that the parent is missing. I was able to manually download and install the 2014_MediaVPs, but that's not showing as having been installed according to the Installer.

The following errors were encountered:

Multiplayer Missions: The file 'multi-mission-pack.zip' could not be downloaded.
Multiplayer Voice Files: Skipped because parent mod was not installed.
Homesick: The file 'homesick.zip' could not be downloaded.
.OGG Cutscenes: The file 'fs2_ogg.zip' could not be downloaded.
FSU MediaVPs, version 3.6.12: The file 'MV_Root_3612.zip' could not be downloaded.
FSU MediaVPs, version 3.6.12: The file 'MediaVPs_3612.zip' could not be downloaded.
FSU MediaVPs, version 3.6.12: The file 'MV_Root_Update.zip' could not be downloaded.
MV_Assets: Skipped because parent mod was not installed.
MV_Effects: Skipped because parent mod was not installed.
MV_Music: Skipped because parent mod was not installed.
MV_Advanced: Skipped because parent mod was not installed.
MV_AnimGlows: Skipped because parent mod was not installed.
MV_RadarIcons: Skipped because parent mod was not installed.
2014 FSU MediaVPs: The file 'MV_Root.7z' could not be downloaded.
MV_Assets: Skipped because parent mod was not installed.
MV_Effects: Skipped because parent mod was not installed.
MV_Music: Skipped because parent mod was not installed.
MV_Advanced: Skipped because parent mod was not installed.
MV_A-Glows: Skipped because parent mod was not installed.
MV_RadarIcons: Skipped because parent mod was not installed.
MV_CB_ANI_1: Skipped because parent mod was not installed.
MV_CB_ANI_2: Skipped because parent mod was not installed.
Inferno: The file 'inf1.zip' could not be downloaded.
The Procyon Insurgency: The file 'pi103.zip' could not be downloaded.
Blackwater Operations Demo: The file 'bwo_demo.zip' could not be downloaded.
Derelict: The file 'derelict_core.zip' could not be downloaded.
Derelict Voice Pack: Skipped because parent mod was not installed.
Twilight: The file 'twilight.zip' could not be downloaded.
Warzone: The file 'warzone.zip' could not be downloaded.
Shivans: The file 'brshivans.zip' could not be downloaded.
Shrouding the Light: The file 'stl.zip' could not be downloaded.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Re: Unable to get the FS1 Port working correctly
You could try the links being used by the installer mirror check? I've just tried the 1st one and it worked for me.

Also, the installer doesn't know about mods you've manually installed.  The only thing it'll do is that if you ask the installer to install a manually mod is that it'll check for existing files and won't download ones you already have. I think.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Sevanti

No joy,

Whenever I try the links, comes up saying the webpage is not available.

Offline Sevanti

Here's the error message I end up receiving whenever I try to play the fsport. I've already redo the mod.ini to point at the MediaVPs_2014.

freespace.fc2(line 15):
Error: Required token = [#End] or [$Mission:], found [+Substitute Main Hall: Galatea B].

ntdll.dll! ZwWaitForSingleObject + 21 bytes
kernel32.dll! WaitForSingleObjectEx + 67 bytes
kernel32.dll! WaitForSingleObject + 18 bytes
fs2_open_3_7_2_RC3_NO-SSE.exe! <no symbol>

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
I wonder why the link works for me, but is broke for you? I guess that could be a question for the admin of fsmods...

Anyway, to resolve the error you got below, install 3.7.2 Final using the installer.  You're using 3.7.2 RC3 and I'm pretty sure it won't support the latest FSPort. If that doesn't work,  please post your fs2_open.log file.  Instructions on how to do this can be found in this post.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
Also, the latest FSPort release should have a fsport-mediavps_2014 folder, so you shouldn't have to do any mod.ini tweaking to play it with the 2014 MediaVPs.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Moving to the Support forum.

Sevanti, you're the second person in two weeks to post about file download issues.  The other guy's logs indicate that mvp.fsmods.net and freespacemods.net were unreachable...
Code: [Select]
2015-08-03 15:11:35,241 [pool-1-thread-17] ERROR com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - An exception was thrown during download!
java.net.UnknownHostException: www.freespacemods.net
Code: [Select]
2015-08-03 16:54:35,239 [pool-1-thread-7] ERROR com.fsoinstaller.internet.Downloader - An exception was thrown during download!
java.net.UnknownHostException: mvp.fsmods.net
...but downforeveryoneorjustme.com says that they're up -- or at least up right now.

If it was a temporary problem, try again and hopefully the downloads will work.  If the downloads still don't work, then we may have an odd problem where fsmods.net is reachable for some people but not others. :confused:

Offline Yarn

I'm wondering whether the problem is caused by certain DNS servers somehow thinking the two sites don't exist.

Sevanti, can you try using Google Public DNS and see whether the sites work then? Instructions on how to use those DNS servers are here: https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using (make sure to at least use the IPv4 addresses.)
"Your fighter is running out of oil.  Please check under the hood and add more if necessary"
--strings.tbl, entry 177

"Freespace is very tired.  It is shutting down to get some rest."
--strings.tbl, entry 178

Offline Sevanti

I'm wondering whether the problem is caused by certain DNS servers somehow thinking the two sites don't exist.

Sevanti, can you try using Google Public DNS and see whether the sites work then? Instructions on how to use those DNS servers are here: https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using (make sure to at least use the IPv4 addresses.)

That seems to have done the trick for me. I am able to manually download now from www.freespacemods.net. Test with the FreespaceOpenInstaller went without a hitch as well. Thanks for taking the time guys.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
You're welcome.  Thanks for posting on the forum instead of giving up. :)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
That is extremely odd... because that other guy's logs were taken while he was using Google Public DNS as well!  Maybe Google rectified the issue?

im using 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 already, and barely beleive its blocking issue, everything else Downloaded without a problem

And It seems I cant find downloads for 3.6.14 for FSO and FSU