Ah. I thought something was a bit off.
Try this out:
1. Order Alpha and Beta to protect the station - they will die in moment's notice either way, at least they'll pick off some bombers,
2. Full burn towards the place where the Orion destroyer will be after its warp-in,
3. As soon as enemy cruisers arrive, order The Osprey and Kestrel to destroy the Leviathan cruiser in the wing - they will both stop the cruisers and the bombers form bombarding the station... Cruisers will go down soon and bombers will have to enter point defence range of either the cruiser or the corvette,
4. Get both bomber wings working on killing the Deimos corvette,
5. As soon as the Orion arrives, kill its three beam cannons facing the station as fast as you can - Prometheus and Hornets are absolutely enough, it takes just a few seconds to kill a beam. After that the destroyer is simply not a threat for anything,
6. The dozen or so fighters that should be pouring you with gunfire for a while now. Kill them.
And then order anything you have to kill the remaining two cruisers, meanwhile pick off any bombers heading for the station. After that, you've got at least a corvette to be ordered to kill the Orion and screen you from fighters with its point defences. Get your forces to kill the destroyer, then the remaining cruiser (blockade) and you're done.
I myself sent bombers to get the two Fenris cruisers attacking the station, and Kestrel to harass the Deimos corvette, that's possibly why I've lost it. It won't survive for long far away from the Osprey.
And all of this above allowed me to get both the Laramis Station and The Osprey out with 70% hull integrity, but I lost the Kestrel an ALL of my wingmen. And got my fighter bumped to about 30% integrity left.
I meant that bumping AI class for the bombers might not be enough (if played my style
), because Medusas hulls might not be enough even for the highest AI class there...
Or perhaps try Fury AI?