Author Topic: [WIP] Freespace 2: Faster than Light  (Read 358 times)

Offline Wet Orange Ostrich Toilet

• There's no such thing as 'too much free time'.
[WIP] Freespace 2: Faster than Light
A small campaign that's been heavily inspired by FTL (god I love that game).

Join The Osprey on an adventure all across the Terran system in a race against time. And Rebels. Lots and lots of Rebels.
2369: A war breaks out. Not against the Shivans or an entirely new species. Instead, it's against a massively growing Rebellion, planning on completely overthrowing the GTVA. They steamroll everything in their path.
But there's one ship that can stop it all. The GTCv Osprey, led by Captain Notozumi, carries information that must reach the main fleet's HQ at all costs. But after an attack they lost their best Flight Leaders.
That's where you come in. Lieutenant Zardria, Callsign "Clipped Wing Angel". Can you aid The Osprey on her mission to save the GTVA from the brink of destruction?

(Geez, that was unusually poetic.)

Never done a campaign before, so it's best to not expect much. The first mission is already complete and can be found under the 'First Mission' topic.

I'm planning on having about 6-9 missions for this campaign. Currently nearly finished the second mission.

Features that may (or may not) be interesting:
-A starmap on each briefing, showing your location and your route through Terran space.
-(Hopefully) memorable characters
-Achievements (can be collected and later found in the intel menu)
-Challenging (or just rage-inducingly hard) gameplay with, from Medium on, has a higher amount of ships with each level of difficulty
-A mysterious new lifeform, found in the depths of the nebula.

UPDATE: Over here, school has just started, so work speed will be somewhat slower.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 09:39:45 am by Wet Orange Ostrich Toilet »
Work in Progress: Freespace 2: Faster than Light

"I thought the Medal Display thingy was a baking tray!"

Offline PVD_Hope

• A Typhon-class destroyer that's just too awesome.
Re: [WIP] Freespace 2: Faster than Light

FTL is Awesome.
This signature is under construct

Check out my minimod: Lost

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
It sounds awesome but 'Clip' is probably an easier call sign to say over the com.

Offline Wet Orange Ostrich Toilet

• There's no such thing as 'too much free time'.
It sounds awesome but 'Clip' is probably an easier call sign to say over the com.

Noted. Thanks.

I was reading some TVTropes pages with one of them being named 'Clipped Wing Angel' and I thought
'Hmm, sounds pretty nice for a call sign.'
So, yeah. I didn't really give it full thorough thought or a very deep philosophical meaning. It's just a cool sounding word.
Work in Progress: Freespace 2: Faster than Light

"I thought the Medal Display thingy was a baking tray!"

Offline Phantom Hoover

...well, it's three words.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.