From FreeSpace Wiki
- Name, meaning and Constellation: Alpha Aurigae, Auriga. "Capella" is Latin for "female goat". It's a reference to Amalthea, the goat that ensured Zeus's survival. "Capella" was also the cognomen of a Roman gens.
- Other name(s) and meaning: Alhajoth, Purra (Australian aboriginal name), al-'Ayyuq العيوق Alhajoth (Arabic name meaning Goat), Brahmahridaya (Hindu name meaning Heart of Brahma), Bozbān بزبان and Negahbān نگهبان (Persian names which mean goat-keeper and guard, respectively), Colca (Inca name), Hircus (another Latin name, meaning goat), Hokulei (Hawaiian for Star-Wreath), 五车二 Wǔjū'èr (Chinese for the Second Star of the Five Chariots).
- Distance from Sol: 42.2 lyrs, 12.9 par
- Type of System: Binary
- Color: G8 III / G0 III
- Right Ascension: 5h 16m 41.353s
- Declination: +45° 59' 52.9"
- 2367: A Rakshasa cruiser and a wing of Mara fighters destroy the GTC Vigilant, marking the beginning of the Second Shivan Incursion.
- 2367: The GTVA Colossus destroys the first Sathanas juggernaut.
- 2367: Sathanas juggernauts, by means unknown, cause the Capella star to go supernova.