Just Another Day 2: Electric Boogaloo
From FreeSpace Wiki
- In development since: July 2005
- Released: 13 November 2005 at 03:48:09 GMT
- Mods included
- 1 mysterious music file
- Axem — Just Another FREDder
Missions and Campaigns
- One 6-mission campaign
This new and amazing campaign answers the question, what happened to Bosch, and just what ARE the Shivans? In addition some other stuff happens but you switch sides to battle a corrupt and evil government! The fate of the GTVA rests on your shoulders.
Just another day, right?
Alpha 1. So yeah. It is.
Prepare for MORE the following!
- MORE plotholes!
- MORE copyright infringements!
- MORE references to disco music!
- MORE the power of ETAM, the next-next-generation of ETAK! (ok, maybe not)
- MORE God!*
- MORE unexpected twist endings!
- MORE AND MORE!
* - MORE God may still not be God, your God may vary.
This campaign is a direct sequel to Just Another Day and has a sequel Just Another Day 3: Shivans on a Plane. A version of this campaign, compatible with the 3.6.12 mediavps, is released as part of the Just Another Day Collector's Edition.
At first it was going to be called Just Yet Another Day, but Electric Boogaloo sounded much better.
I wanted to release this on JAD1's anniversary, but I got lazy. Instead I released it on my birthday. What a crappy present.
Alpha 1: "This smells like a big bunch of deus ex..."
Command: "Shh! You can't say that!"
Alpha 1: "Why not?!"
Command: "Some goober copywrited it!"
Beta 3: "Say what? Deus ex machina?"
Beta 3 blows up
Who I would want voice acting the campaign:
Alpha 1: Ben Browder
Aken Bosch/FRED: Sean Connery
Terran Command: Samuel L. Jackson (Mr T would also be acceptable)
General R. Redundant: John Cleese
Commander Ko Mander: Johnny Depp
Commander Red Nommac: Richard Dean Anderson
Every Terran Captain: Christopher Walken
Every Vasudan: Patrick Stewart
Not Derek Smart: Ahmed Best
These were taken from the original Release Thread.
- "the third mission (the one where the Vasudans come in) is a wee bit too hard (too many fightesr and caps shooting at ya), so far its good..." — Singh
- "Oh noes!!! Crap, now I'll have to step up production of DEM II. I was hoping to have it done before this came out." — Goober5000
- "Oh Dear...This was hilarious. Thanks for continuing the series, you just made the rest of my week!" — Nix
- "...THANK YOU VERY MUCH. YOU ARE THE NEW GOD OF FREESPACE 2. This campaign was the funniest, and most enjoyable Freespace 2 thing I have ever played. The humour made me snort with laughter. And as for the [OMGSPOILORZ]'Kill Derek Smart'[/SPOILORZ] Mission, well... It began, the camera panned, and THEN...I laughed so hard. And then everything exploded. I thank you again. This was so good, i'm even going to try the first! Great job. MUCH KUDOS TO YOU!" — Fat Zombie