Fly as the Shivans against the GTVA long after the events of FS2. Requires mediavps 3.6.10 final, FSO build capable of using the ownage settings in ai_profiles.tbl. New features since 0.2 in bold. Also not sure why the other thread with the eyecandy got locked. Oh well.Links:
Note: Links are temporary until i figure out a better place to stick them.Shivans! 0.21Advanced Effects PackFeatures:
- Uses mediavps 3.6.10 final (shivan missiles)
- 3 demo missions (including one BOE because I could , each containing fun bonus goals)
- Teaser cutscene mission (not entirely complete and may be retconned)
- Shivan campaign by BlackHole (converted by ShadowGorrath), non-canon
- Flyable Shivan fighters/bombers
- A whole new array of Shivan weapons (including subspace bombs, shield piercing weapons, ballistic primaries)
- New Shivan ships, including 2 fighters (one of which is a stealth fighter)
- A whole new line of Terran capital ships (mostly from BluePlanet) and some new fighters
- New Vasudan capital ships and fighters
- New capital ship weapons for Terran and Vasudan ships (eg. railguns for Terrans)
- Different coloured explosion shockwaves for each race
- New interface screens
- Shivan pilot images
- New command brief and techroom ANIs
- New techroom entries for every Shivan ship/weapon
- Extensive Intelligence Techroom entries
- Cooperation with Ancient mod by ShadowGorrath, to make a consistent timeline spanning from the time of the ancients to well past the destruction of Capella
- Music table modified, can create missions that use FS1 music (with FS2 backup), players can simply copy warble_fs1.vp and play with some FS1 music
- Texture improvements
FSO SVN trunk builds (February 5th, 2009, revision 5063, release and debug, includes FRED2)
Windows shortcut to FRED2 with mod dir, to allow missions to be made using this mod
The mod itself (with 3 demo missions and a short converted campaign, non canon to this mod, 1 teaser cutscene mission (may be retconned)
)Optional (and separate):
Adv effects pack, to be used if adv effects mediavps are used.Installation
1. Extract the contents of the 7z into a mod directory.
2. If you downloaded the advanced pack, extract the vp into the mod directory.
3. Set your launcher to use one of the exes provided (though the GTD Titan crashes the debug version, I think), and set your mod directory to play.
4. If you want to fred using this mod, modify the provided shortcut (Windows only).
I'll probably stick a FAQ or something down here. Comments/suggestions/constructive criticism welcome. Remember that this is still a work in progress.Notes:
- BOE mission may do odd things because of the sheer number of ships in it
- For anyone experiencing problems with the 2nd mission of the mini-campaign: The solution is to create a pilot from scratch (using the choose pilot screen on startup, not the barracks), then use that to play that campaign. I have no idea why it's happening, and it's not my campaign, just converted to use my mod.
- Campaigns and missions included are not canon. See techroom entries for information on what this mod considers canon.
- Campaigns and missions made by other people and posted to me (in this thread, PM, etc.) may be included in the next release and credited (canon or not, as long as they're fun)