Author Topic: SF-Junky's mod problems  (Read 7395 times)

Offline SF-Junky

• Bread can mold, what can you do?
SF-Junky's mod problems
Question about the new launcher: Is there a way to deactivate that "Your currently selected mod has XY errors"-message? Or is that part of the the executables?

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Re: SF-Junky's mod problems
Question about the new launcher: Is there a way to deactivate that "Your currently selected mod has XY errors"-message? Or is that part of the the executables?

Yea get your mod to fix the errors.  I'm pretty sure that was why that feature was added.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy

In fact, aren't you on the team that's supposed to be fixing those errors?  :)
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
To be honest, it's an extremely useful feature in my opinion, there aren't that many games that will help with error-checking Mods for you, certainly not down to the kind of level that SCP checks at, so in many ways, I see this kind of feature as indicative of exactly what the SCP is about, providing an engine for modders to create and play their own space-combat games on.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
To be honest, it's an extremely useful feature in my opinion...

Yes, it is. You can give an estimate on how many windows you may be expecting if/when you actually launch the debug build. Though it would be useful if you could disable it.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline SF-Junky

In fact, aren't you on the team that's supposed to be fixing those errors?  :)
In fact, the error message occurs just when I load one of my own mods (StormFront or What If). I don't know what I make wrong to have 71, respectively 143 errors and to be honest, I'm sick of trying to find out. I also can't launch the debug mode, because then this appears:

Code: [Select]
Warning: Type of weapon SRed entry does not agree with original entry type.
File: Weapons.cpp
Line: 2101

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
    parse_weaponstbl()    parse_modular_table()    weapon_init()    game_init()    game_main()    WinMain()    WinMainCRTStartup()    kernel32.dll 7c817077()

karajorma once told me that this is some media VP error, so it doesn't look like I could do much about it. ;-)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 04:05:24 am by SF-Junky »

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Lets resolve these errors on a separate thread shall we? (hint to admins/mods)

First... that is just an warning, you can ignore it though it might not be wise.

That particular warning seems to be telling that you have defined SRed in Secondary or Beam weapon block of the weapons.tbl though it is in retail and mediavps defined in Primaries block.

What you can do is to run debug and on each and every popup click 'no' then find the 'fs2_open.log' file and post it (via pastebin for example) and then we can have a look at the issues.

Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
It would probably be easier to use the keyboard hotkey to do the 'no' clicking, considering just how many he's got.

Offline SF-Junky

Why can't I just put all the beam guns back into the primaries block of the weapons.tbl? Clicking away the error messages doesn't work anyway, because when the message for the last beam gun has been clicked away, it starts again with SRed.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 06:47:43 am by SF-Junky »

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Well yeah, you should do that. But who's to say that's the only unique error?

Offline SF-Junky

Well yeah, you should do that. But who's to say that's the only unique error?
Oh, it's just that I'm not very motivated to click through some 20 error messages every time I launch FS2. But the 'no' thing doesn't work anyway, see my last post.

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Well... fix the beams first and then post the next warning the game gives you

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
It would certainly be nice to be able to disable the error message.  Most of the errors it picks up are inconsequential so it's mostly an annoyance.
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Pardon me but I disagree. Those warnings are there to tell you did something stupid. When that happens, you fix it. If you have any pride as a modder, that is exactly what you should do. If you don't, live with it. :p

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
At first I was like  :eek2:
then I ran a debug and spend an hour fixing the stupid
Then I was  :D
Now I don't get error messages anymore when I load my mod

The new error message at start up is a gift really.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline SF-Junky

Okay, I put all beam guns into the #primary section. The error still occures, but this time I could click them all away. The error message occurs for all beams except BFGreen#8000.

Then this appears:
Warning: For 'Avenger_Impact', 3 of 4 LODs are missing!
File: Weapons.cpp
Line: 1267

Call stack:
    parse_weapon()    parse_weaponstbl()    parse_modular_table()    weapon_init()    game_init()    game_main()    WinMain()    WinMainCRTStartup()    kernel32.dll 7c817077()

Then:
Warning: Too many ship classes before 'Asteroid'; maximum is 130, so only the first 130 will be used
Please check also the debug log as it may contain other ship classes which are over the limit
File: Ship.cpp
Line: 3089

Call stack:
    parse_shiptbl()    ship_init()    game_init()    game_main()    WinMain()    WinMainCRTStartup()    kernel32.dll 7c817077()

Then:
Warning: Unable to find WEAPON_LIST_TYPE string "Targeting Laser"
in ship: GTF Ulysses's primary banks.

File: PARSELO.CPP
Line: 2525

Call stack:
    parse_ship_values()    parse_ship()    parse_shiptbl()    parse_modular_table()    ship_init()    game_init()    game_main()    WinMain()    WinMainCRTStartup()    kernel32.dll 7c817077()

Here is a complete list of all errormsgs that appear:

And the *.tbls and *.tbms: Errors_SF12

ships.tbl

1_fs1weapons-shp.tbm

1_StormFront12-shp.tbm

weapons.tbl

0_StormFront12-wep.tbm

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
a lot of these should speak for themselves
"Warning: Too many ship classes before 'Asteroid'; maximum is 130, so only the first 130 will be used"
Apparantly you went over the ship limit

"Warning: Unable to find WEAPON_LIST_TYPE string "Targeting Laser"
Probably because this "Targeting Laser" isn't listed as a weapon in weapons.tbl
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
All '3 of 4 LODs are missing!' messages... Make sure you have the number of explosion LOD (level of details) defined in the weapon explosions table. As you seem to have just single LOD instead of the default 4.

http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/Weapon_expl.tbl

All 'Unable to find WEAPON_LIST_TYPE' messages... Make sure there is no excess weapons in the allowed loadout lists for both primaries and secondaries (including dogfight weapons).

The secondary bank of seraphim... Make sure allowed loadout, default loadout as well as capacity and reload time are defined for the secondaries.

'Warning: Bogus string in ship flags: big ship' Hmm.. 'big damage' perhaps?

Offline Qent

A couple of those look like spelling mistakes ("Mekhu HL7" and "Cluster Bomber"). Also remember that the Seraphim has four secondary banks. If you only want three, I think you need to edit the model.

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
Pardon me but I disagree. Those warnings are there to tell you did something stupid. When that happens, you fix it. If you have any pride as a modder, that is exactly what you should do. If you don't, live with it. :p

I'm not talking about the Mods I'm making or working on.  I would most certainly fix those and wouldn't turn it off on a campaign I'm working on.  I'm talking about some mod I'm playing that someone else wrote ten years ago and never generated any error messages until this latest revision.  I'm talking about errors that are generated from the fact that when the original author checked all the weapons in the mission loadout including the dogfight versions but didn't include that in the campaign file.  I'm not particularly anxious to go back and fix every error in every campaign that's been written since 1998.  I just want to be able to turn it off.
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.