Author Topic: New Screenies!  (Read 9972 times)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Me wants 'em!
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Roanoke

*wonders if Grug fancies showing off his Interceptor work*

Offline Grug

• From the ashes...
I guess one more 'work in progress' screeny wouldn't hurt. :D

Oh and if anyone missed the other one:

More:

« Last Edit: July 09, 2005, 10:23:36 am by 501 »

Offline Bri_Dog

Holy ****! Is that last shot in game?
Sig

Offline Jal-18

Heh, I like the detail that Grug included in one of those shots...

Much better then the little bars that used to be there before.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
i'm not satisfied! :p

lol, j/k. That looks sw33t!
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Grug

• From the ashes...
:D

Originally posted by Bri_Dog
Holy ****! Is that last shot in game?

No they are all renders, for now... The last one had a hand in photoshop too. ;)

Offline Bri_Dog

Sig

Offline Grug

• From the ashes...
:lol: :p

Hopefully soon we'll have some in-game shots to show off too. ;)

We'll be using renders alot on the site though. For general art / desktops, story images, location images, ship profiles, weapon profiles, etc etc.

All in all though it does look purty. ^_^

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Nice, you should be able to take the in-game skyboxes and (using screenshots and assemblage) make FS2 skyboxes using them.

It'll be nice to see Tanis and Hiigara as they were meant to be :)
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Nice stuff. It reminds me how much I liked the original.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wagh'nagl fhtagn.
Ïa ! Ïa ! Cthulhu fhtagn ! Cthulhu fhtagn !

Offline Sigma957

• Darkness descending...
Wicked, lookin good.
The Babylon Project- Bringing babylon5 to freespace2

VWBB Survivor 1095 (Sigma957) 24/2/2001

Doesn't really impress me. I can easily extract the homeworld models, modify them, reskin them, and port them to FS2 or just render them. But I always wanted to see this happen so it really doesn't matter if they were extracted. Keep on doing your excellent job!

btw... I reconise that Star Background texture in the last pic! From 3ds!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2005, 03:21:40 pm by Vengence »
I have created a masterpiece.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
ummm, Vengence, do you have a Homeworld Model (i dunno the exact filename) to POF converter? i don't think you do. just respect their work.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
They're not just extracting, skinning and putting them in FS. They're being completely rebuilt, some cases they're completely new models, and then being put in game. There are a lot more things to do than you think, Mr. Vengence. The original Home World models are configured in a way to work best within the HW engine. That is not the same for FS. In fact, they're horribkly unoptimized for use in FS. So please, until you have the slightest clue what you are talking about, refrain from insulting the work that goes into projects.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
and don't follow in the path of fs2freak88. :nervous:

Horribly optimised? The HW models are barely over 3000 polies. And that interceptor's polygons match exactly like the ones in HW2 and that model is less than 700 polies and these days people are making 1000+ polygon fighters, 3000+ polygon cruisers, and 5000+ polygon destroyers. And Cobra, I'm guessing you never been to the HW2 modding community, because I have and I have found quite a few extractors, converters, hardpoint editors. And one extracts the models and converts it to obj and once that is done it is only a matter of minutes until its ready for playing. So essencially, with a little time and coding expertise one can easily port all and I really mean all HW2 ships. And I'm not insulting. I'm implying that it is relatively simple to get the models and work some things on then and get them into FS2. Its not hard at all.  And Raa, don't insult ME with your comments, I have been modding a while and I have a good idea what it takes to make mods. Until I see a completely remade interceptor made to fit the FS2 engine  I'm not convinced that interceptor is remade.

This proves that I can get the models.

If your implying that all the models are remade than by all means continue because I don't care. I see a interceptor that looks exactly like the one in the game with no added details. All I see are the exact polygons and details from the original model: around 600 polies.

Last thing cobra, here it is. The interceptor from HW2 in PCS. This prooves I have the tools to do it. And if your still not convinced I'll get it ingame. And by the weak chance your still not convinced, I'll just send you the model.

Anyways, you misunderstand me. I love homeworld and I am very happy that its comming to FS2. Me and a friend always talked about a flight sim version of HW2 and I am excited by it. I was just implying that I wasn't impressed with the use of an already existing model. My friend always talked about seeing the Battlecruiser in all it's glory and seeing squadrons of detailed fighters duking it out. I don't see very detailed stuff right now, but I do hope it does happen. So enough about me.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 01:25:31 pm by Vengence »

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Just Wow

Offline Jal-18

Vengence, most of the detailing on the Interceptor model so far has been to the engines.  I'd post a picture to show you, but for some reason my internal access seems to have been revoked following the forum change.

There was a really early version of this that used the original models (in fact you've already seen them here) but we decided that it looked pretty crap.  Hence, we decided to begin revamping and greebling up the models, and create higher res textures.  However, like nearly all projects nowadays, we are sorely lacking in modellers and texturers.  If you have skills in either of these areas please feel free to contact Grug and discuss joining the team.

Actually, part of the reason that the mod has stalled is that right now getting the models and textures upgraded is basically the only step that we can really take "forward."  Conceptually, we've got a ton of work done.  The first half of the campaign is pretty much nailed down overall storywise, with the first couple of missions in various stages of writing by me. (Something which I've been slacking on lately due to homework... :-/ ) Our main characters are all fleshed out, and apart from the odd ship or two, the tech room descriptions are done. (They're impressive too: we've got some very talented writers on the team.)

Don't worry guys, TAP is dedicated to getting this mod out there to the community.  We all love Homeworld dearly,  and even if it takes us a long time, we're going to bring it to you in a FreeSpace flavor.  If nothing else, we promise to have it done by the time Homeworld and FreeSpace 3 are out. ;-)

Sounds nice but I'm no skinner but I do model decently. But we'll see about that later.