Author Topic: TBP: Awakening of the Beast needs your help  (Read 3018 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
TBP: Awakening of the Beast needs your help
Hi folks
as you see in my signature im currently the head of two campaign projects (both are being made for the Babylon Project)... Awakening of the Beast is one of them...

The thing I want to aks you is are you stuck with HW 2 or have you any movment going around the HW:C story? (I only searched a few threads on the first site of the board -AND I liked HW:C more than HW2)

Awakening of the Beast has similar Storyline coming around: (you need not to understand everything)
The Drakh steal a "technology" form a world of the former Vorlon empire. This "Technology" is a creature which is able to control a ship's crew via telephatic impulses and can leave part of it on the "infested" ships... The cruiser carrying the creatures suddenly flees from the Drakh fleet and jumps out in a system of the Earth Alliance where it is discovered by a secret R&D division of the EA.
The Drakh move hell and earth to regain control of the ship but until they find it hell breakes out in the system where the creature had "arrived". At their arrival the Drakh have to face the 22nd Fast-Action-Responding-Force of the EA and several infested vessels...
(the player will be a pilot of the 22nd stationed on the EAS Perseus - this is brief overview some details have still to be discussed but that's our matter - we are not violating copyrights so far since we only had similar ideas not the same)

in order to find a way of moving the infection around from one ship to another we wanted to use kamikazes (not unlike the missiles of the Beast in HW:C)... we have got a model from the base-files of TBP we want use but in order to give it a new look we need special textures but since the team does not feature anyone capable of doing some proper ones that statisfy me as project leader...
if you have made any progress in this direction please notify me here... we could realy use a set of Beast textures in order to make the kamikazes more authentic
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Re: TBP: Awakening of the Beast needs your help
I believe our intention is to move onto Cataclysm & the origenal Homeworld once we've complete HW2 so I don't think we have any textures as yet.

But yeah. I am going to have to play that once it's finished.
The needs of my belly, outwiegh the needs of the few.

Offline Jal-18

In the meantime couldn't you guys extract the Cata ships and copy those textures over as "stand-in" textures?

Offline Grug

• From the ashes...
As the lads sad above, we are concentrating on HW2 for the moment.

We would be glad to assist where we can however. But by the sounds of it, you guys will be done by the time we are upto that part. So we will most likely be sussing out how you guys worked things out. ;)