Author Topic: Faces of Treason - re-release  (Read 4927 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Faces of Treason - re-release
It had been some time since I eagerly announced the release of "Faces of Treason" to come soon...
time changes things... many things and as it is alway things change in a way we don't want them to change....

but now I can say I've dealt with the campaign again... and here it is:

[attachment deleted by admin]
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: Faces of Treason - re-release
Interesting. Playing now.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Ok, DLing it now.

Wow you managed to finish one of your campaigns. I dream something like that :lol:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Eck. I've realized that there are no backgrounds... Is this because I need LightSpeed's nebs?

Offline 0rph3u5

no backgrounds... Is this because I need LightSpeed's nebs?

I used none of the stock nebula so yes, you need them
(but who cares about backgrounds anyway?)

"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Things look dull without backgrounds.

Offline neoterran

yeah, ls neb backgrounds should be standard now
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
I should write a reference to adding nebulae in bgs in my GTSI.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline 0rph3u5

Orph3u5, can you explain to me exactly what happened at the ending? I can't make sense of it and I beat it from both the GTVA's side and the Admiral's side.

I'm currently working on a campaign which catches up with what happens ("Workings of the Warp")... the 4 (or so) mission prologue/demo to it will be ready this weekend (but it won't be in my best english though(haste, haste)...)

==================

I've got the time to play Freespace again, and i select this campaign for it.

It's a very nice story and a little surprising ending, that don't have a big concern to the rest of the campaign.

I found a bug in "Faces of Treason, Part 1", the mission where you have to flee back to the jump node.

It happened sometimes, that Epsilon wing didn't jump out. They fly to their waypoint and then they stand still and guard me.
When i jump out, then i get to the debriefing screen (no debriefing for this mission) and the mission is a failure.

After a mission restart epsilon wing jumps out, but another wing not.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 03:52:42 pm by Deepstar »
Shivan here, Shivan there, Shivan everywhere.

My english isn't very well, so sorry for a few mistakes.

FreeSpace Let's Plays on my Channel:
| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele

Offline 0rph3u5

It's a very nice story and a little surprising ending, that don't have a big concern to the rest of the campaign.

I found a bug in "Faces of Treason, Part 1", the mission where you have to flee back to the jump node.

It happened sometimes, that Epsilon wing didn't jump out. They fly to their waypoint and then they stand still and guard me.
When i jump out, then i get to the debriefing screen (no debriefing for this mission) and the mission is a failure.

I know this bug but I have no glue what is causing it...

==================

Offline Snail

• SC 5

Mmm, I'm getting this too.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
If you want a wing to jump out after making certain waypoints, don't rely on Departure Cues only, make a SEXP that gives the depart order, too. That's the only thing I can probably think of.

Actually, I think you have the SEXP, but not the Departure Cue. An ai-order to depart can be of lower priority than another order. The Departure Cue way is the more secure.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline 0rph3u5

there is a conflict between departure cue and orders of the fighters ... esspecially when the player gave orders to all fighters (alhtough orders for Beta and Epsilon wing are diabled)
also I think that there is a problem with waypoint-once used with wings... but I'll check everything

another re-release of FoT will come with the release of "Workings of the Warp - Act 1" (most likely end of June)

==================

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I like branching campaigns. Will Workings of the Warp be branching?

Offline 0rph3u5

I like branching campaigns. Will Workings of the Warp be branching?

... maybe ...

pre-Jump-Node-Crisis (Act I) - NO (althoug I'm currently working on the SOC missions for that period)
during the JNC (Act I) - perhaps (alhtough I'll have to think over how to do that... most of this will be deep-space exploarion)
Rise of the Terran Union (Act II) - perhaps
Vasudan Civil War (Act II) - perhaps
3rd coming of the Shivans (Act III) - perhaps (alhtoug that will be difficult to manage)
Post Tzulan arrival (Act IV) - perhaps (but just like above)

==================