Author Topic: RELEASE -- Hellgate Ikeya  (Read 18987 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Re: RELEASE -- Hellgate Ikeya
Orpheus, I noticed in your 2 campaigns that many wings who need it don't have the No Arrival Message activated. Its a bit silly to read "Shivan fighters incoming! break and attack" and then hear a wingman shout "enemy wing just arrived"

that is no specific to my campaigns I've seen it elsewhere as well
to understand this you got to know that no-arrival-message silences all arrival messages even those for waves to come --- and I don't want the players to have to check their event logs ingame to know if new enemies arrived
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Topic: RELEASE -- Hellgate Ikeya  (Read 666 times)

Just thought I'd drop that in. Played the campaign, great, just too short, but that's a compliment in itself  :p . Keep it up, Orpheus!

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
I really like that mission with the Demon and the Typhon wreckage. 130 or so kills! Fantastic! :yes:

And BTW, I played it with INF:A SA, FS Port compatible mode! :P
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Alan Bolte

• Deneb III
    • @Compellor
In the second mission, Gemini 3 was destroyed before we got the Vasudans off, and Gemini 4 just sat there waiting to die...
Never did though, the Shivans stopped sending fighters.
Anything worth doing is worth analyzing to death -Iranon

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Ease up on enemy fighter numbers...that's all I'm saying.

enemy destroyers have a tendancy to launch 300+ fighters at you from their fighterbays in your campaigns. :lol:
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline 0rph3u5

I really like that mission with the Demon and the Typhon wreckage. 130 or so kills! Fantastic! :yes:

Cheater!
I'll fix that -- maybe giving the shivans the interceptors and hornets instead of just MX-50 and Furies (making that mission impossible to beat  :drevil:)

In the second mission, Gemini 3 was destroyed before we got the Vasudans off, and Gemini 4 just sat there waiting to die...
Never did though, the Shivans stopped sending fighters.

hmmm....
I'll see into it

enemy destroyers have a tendancy to launch 300+ fighters at you from their fighterbays in your campaigns. :lol:

yeah, that is an inconsitancy in LoA (TrashMan is one of the Beta Testers for LoA) - but if you are speaking of the shivans you cannot say if the fighters were launched from a destroyer or warped into the system on their own - the shivans always had inter-system-dirves
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started

Cheater!
I'll fix that -- maybe giving the shivans the interceptors and hornets instead of just MX-50 and Furies (making that mission impossible to beat  :drevil:)

The problem is that the Shivans ignore the player :P
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline 0rph3u5

The problem is that the Shivans ignore the player :P

ah...
the ship-protect-flag - okay... will be out now

I've also managed to fix the bug with the Geminis in mission 2

I'll create a new dl for the full package and one for a patch (for those who have already dled the campaign) as soon as I've tested the changes

==================

Offline 0rph3u5

Download (ca. 9MB):
via MyDataBus (version 1.1)
Mirror (version 1.1)

Patch (v1.0 to v1.1)
For those who downloaded the campaign before the 19th August 2007
via MyDataBus
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 04:57:00 am by 0rph3u5 »

==================

Offline Viko

Thank you for this new one

Downloading  ;)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Is this an update?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline 0rph3u5

Is this an update?

what does it look like, huh???

==================

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Ehm, sorry, I wanted to be sure :P
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline SF-Junky

• Bread can mold, what can you do?
Gnah. Was so-so. The Camp could've been quite a nice thing if the last mission wouldn't only consist of fighting off millions of waves of the same wings for 15-20 minutes. It don't like this kind of mission. The third mission was quite annoying, too, with these shivan bombers that could bomb away the typhon with only two bomb hits. :)

But the rest was okay, including the music. :yes: It's about time for me to finally get the BtrL-Mod.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 11:54:16 am by SF-Junky »

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Typhon, please. ;)

Offline SF-Junky

*imitates lt. Mackie*
Sorry...

Offline 0rph3u5

The Camp could've been quite a nice thing if the last mission wouldn't only consist of fighting off millions of waves of the same wings for 15-20 minutes.

noted ... I'll see what I can do to avoid this one in the future (while not running out of wing names  :doubt:)

The third mission was quite annoying, too, with these shivan bombers that could bomb away the typhon with only two bomb hits. :)

That's the plan ---
but there is cute little way to stop them from killing the Typhon with little effort - kinda backdoor for all who know the loading capicity of the Shaitan  :drevil:

==================

Offline SF-Junky

noted ... I'll see what I can do to avoid this one in the future (while not running out of wing names  :doubt: )
http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/Enemy_wing_names
That should be enough.

That's the plan ---
but there is cute little way to stop them from killing the Typhon with little effort - kinda backdoor for all who know the loading capicity of the Shaitan  :drevil:
Hm... I believe I know what you mean. But it occured to me only after I did the mission.  :wtf:

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I've ran out of enemy wing names on more than one occasion.