Author Topic: Beta Released: The Great War: Independence (not part of FreeSpace story-line)  (Read 27048 times)

Re: WIP: The Great War: Independence (not part of FreeSpace story-line)
Thank you. Raynor HTL already implemented. And I'm already using the ---Steve-O---'s pack 3.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 06:20:15 am by Alex Navarro »
Working on the Freespace 2 spanish translation. In case you want to play the game in castillian, click here. You'll need some spanish there, though, sorry :p

If you want your mod/campaign translated to spanish, please PM me or send me an e-mail message.

I could translate from spanish to english too, if you want, but it wouldn't be perfect, not at all. For spanish->english translations comes better an english native with spanish knowledge.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Steve-O's ships are gonna give you mighty performance trouble. Limit the number onscreen at once if you can.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
There's a Pack 4 with canopy transparency.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
And nobody in the cockpits.  :p

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Because it was meant for #show ship isn't it?

There's a Pack 4 with canopy transparency.

Interesting. But I'll wait until someone add a pilot inside :p

Steve-O's ships are gonna give you mighty performance trouble. Limit the number onscreen at once if you can.

It is because their high number of polygons? Well, thanks for the advise.

Valkyrie Mk2 (TCS Equalizer) textures changed. Now blue lines: http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll44/AlexNavarroW/newequalizer.jpg
Working on the Freespace 2 spanish translation. In case you want to play the game in castillian, click here. You'll need some spanish there, though, sorry :p

If you want your mod/campaign translated to spanish, please PM me or send me an e-mail message.

I could translate from spanish to english too, if you want, but it wouldn't be perfect, not at all. For spanish->english translations comes better an english native with spanish knowledge.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
It is because their high number of polygons? Well, thanks for the advise.

No, it's because of them not being textured well.

Textures are the main resource drain in FSO, and those models are not efficiently textured.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Because it was meant for #show ship isn't it?

You just put the eyepoint in front of the pilot's face in that case. It was because Steve-O didn't have time to rig models for all the cockpits, I believe.

Well, I'm idiot :rolleyes:. I know it.

I've stopped developing this mod because of real life things, as always (studies, writing a book, translation projects... and all that). I don't know if permanently, but it is definitively stopped for now (maybe I'll work on it in summer, or later).

I'm not a modder, and I was an idiot by thinking I could make a mod. You can call this mod "dead". And an "idiocy".

So I'm going to release everything I got. I'm going to put the mod here available to download. If you want to take a look at it, or take anything from it (sound effects, music...), please, by all means. The upload is going to take a while...

Pardon me for any inconvenience.

Offline Topgun

This sounded really interesting, I hope you get a chance to give it another shot :yes:

This sounded really interesting, I hope you get a chance to give it another shot

Appreciate your words. I'll give it a chance in the future, maybe. But no worries. My book is based on this mod ;7, a little. 116 pages so far. And it fits better in the book, I believe. In the end, this work isn't completely lost...

There was a problem with the upload. I'll try again tomorrow.

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature

A generous and ambitious idea. I read the first post, outside of that I haven't read much of the remainder posts other than people whining about how there were newer ships out than what was listed, hopefully that was not de-motivational to you in any way. (Annoying, when people can't just grasp the concept of shut-the-hell up, isn't it. Any newer models could have been addressed prior to final release, placeholders of the current ones would have been just fine to get something out the door with and draw in help so you wouldn't have to go it alone, but some people just want their everything right away no matter what.)

This was a big ambition. Had to have been quite a struggle, glad you kept with it for as long as you did. The importance of RL factors is well understood, I'm sure somebody will keep the light on in regards to this project because it honestly appears to have a lot of promise and potential to it.

Thanks for being willing to share it and give it a chance to be kept alive, look forward to anything more you can add to it when time allows.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

You are unique, You can't do everything, but you bring something very good to the table. Sometimes order to be a success, you have to depend on others. Especially of those with different talents. I mean sometimes you have to trust people to get ahead. It usually takes a few persons with different skills sets to accomplish any great work. When someone has a passion for something. They are the ones you should trust to do it. They should be encouraged and relied upon as the as the best way to help them. And oneself in the long run.
    You are great a telling a story. This good because one cannot start, whether a movie or a game, without one. Tell your story. The world will be a better place for it. Then trust others to make it a movie or a game. A good story will always get the attention it deserves.
I teach Physics, Chemistry and Biology to teenagers. I often say the teenagers are my favorite people. While I sometimes can't understand their language. I prove every once in a while, This old philosopher may understand a little more about how life works than they do.
    Sometimes the best way to help someone is to just believe in them and give them a chance. Other times. One has to teach them a lesson on in humility. "While it is good to feel one can take on the world. One should not have the attitude to go along with it". And then there are times one have to give "due encouragement" to get of their "lazy tales" and do something instead of just whining.
   When One makes a mistake, It is not the end. But an opportunity to learn from ones mistake, dust one self off, Maybe go back to training, and comeback and try again. People lose when they mistakenly believe they can't try again or they cannot learn. But at the same time, one will learn, what one has the passion for, the most.
   I impress on my students - "The best teenager, is a hard working one" and " I if one is not exhausted and dying to get into bed at night, One has just wasted ones youth". " One has to learn to work HARD and play HARD to be a success". But the most important thing to remember is "To know ones calling :- Whatever one have learned to overcome, share that with others".

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Cool..my Mammoth Mk2... I have lost that model long ago, when my HDD crashed.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
There was a problem with the upload. I'll try again tomorrow.
Where are you uploading? Freespacemods has a upload limit and usually swantz has to upload large stuff there himself instead, you may want to upload it to mediafire so I can give the link to swantz to upload.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Oh my... thank you so much, people. Ok, it was just a moral drop. I got better now :p. Forget about the "dead" thing. This mod isn't dead, just temporaly stopped. *cough cough*

Anyway I'm going to share with you this thing, and my sound effects collection.

Where are you uploading? Freespacemods has a upload limit and usually swantz has to upload large stuff there himself instead, you may want to upload it to mediafire so I can give the link to swantz to upload.

Yeah, I'm uploading to mediafire.

Cool..my Mammoth Mk2... I have lost that model long ago, when my HDD crashed.

Can't remember, but I think I've retextured it, and fixed some turret fovs with PCS (or it was the Mk1?). I hope that isn't a problem :D, lol

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Problem? Heck, no. I though I lost that model for good.

I wouldn't mind if you sent it over :D

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
After reading trough  the story I can feel a large Starlancer vibe going on.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Not really a bad thing. :)

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Not really a bad thing. :)

A LAAARGE Starlancer vibe.

I love Starlancer.