Author Topic: I HATE having to constantly pick up the mouse  (Read 4312 times)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Re: I HATE having to constantly pick up the mouse
:welcome:

Yeah, I've used that too, but it moves your non-mouse hand away from your controls all the way to the right side of the keyboard.  BTW, for laptop users, AFAIK you can get a pretty cheap USB numpad at Wal-Mart.

Offline Luigicheater

• Bringing sanity to new heights
Yeah, I've used that too, but it moves your non-mouse hand away from your controls all the way to the right side of the keyboard.
I have just spent the last ten minutes NOT making a joke about that statement...
Herc > Herc II

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Ummm... I'll bite, what?

Offline Nuclear1

It's not that difficult to moe a hand over to the num pad for a few seconds, is it? The num pad automatically uses the max speed you can for maneuvering in any possible direction. Unless you're on a laptop, you SHOULD have a num pad. You know? That little thing that looks like a calculator on the right side of your keyboard?

Here's the default layout for the controls:

3 = up
4 = left
6 = right
7 = rotate left
8 = down
9 = rotate right

Correct me if I'm wrong, but those work for me. I use the num pad for turning towards anything not directly in my HUD.

A little off.

2 = Up
4 = Left
6 = Right
8 = Down
7 = Barrel Left
9 = Barrel Right
Ctrl = Make bad guys go away
Spacebar = Make bad guys go away faster
Tab = Run like hell
X = For when they press Spacebar
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Is it just me, or does this game involve far, far too much mouse picking up? It literally hurts my hand. When I'm in a dogfight and I have to constantly move in the same direction, I have to keep picking up the mouse, replacing it, moving it in the same direction, and it goes on for as long as a minute or so. Often, I simply can't keep up with the computer and I die because I can't turn as quickly as he can. It's so much more comfortable to use the keyboard controls, but I can't aim well when I do that.

Is there any way to make the mouse simply constantly go a single direction until I'm finished? I'm sick of the terrible default controls.

There's a script that lets you do this. However, the scripting road can be somewhat thorny and narrow. Right now, that build is old enough that it may not work with Beyond the Red Line or other campaigns that require 3.6.9. On the other hand, the newer builds have the corrupting-pilotfile code in them.
-C

It's not that difficult to moe a hand over to the num pad for a few seconds, is it? The num pad automatically uses the max speed you can for maneuvering in any possible direction. Unless you're on a laptop, you SHOULD have a num pad. You know? That little thing that looks like a calculator on the right side of your keyboard?

Here's the default layout for the controls:

3 = up
4 = left
6 = right
7 = rotate left
8 = down
9 = rotate right

Correct me if I'm wrong, but those work for me. I use the num pad for turning towards anything not directly in my HUD.

I used (Before I got a joystick working) the same config, and then used my mouse for the more precise manouvres.

A little off.

2 = Up
4 = Left
6 = Right
8 = Down
7 = Barrel Left
9 = Barrel Right
Ctrl = Make bad guys go away
Spacebar = Make bad guys go away faster
Tab = Run like hell
X = For when they press Spacebar
Shift+/ = make bad guys go away so fast they never return
. = make bad guys go away in a different style
Alt+J = the button you are never allowed to press.
????  =  ejection (function not included, for unknown reasons...)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 05:45:32 am by -Joshua- »