Author Topic: FreeSpace2 SCP DVD .torrent - please help seed when you finish!!  (Read 13471 times)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
FreeSpace2 SCP DVD .torrent - please help seed when you finish!!
EDIT: Removed broken torrent, here's the fixed one(s)

http://isohunt.com/release/85403
http://www.torrentbox.com/torrent_details?id=95670&uploaded=1

My first torrent... appears to be working great!  Nice!  :D

EDIT: Questions removed.  Thx for the help, folks.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 03:32:47 pm by jr2 »

Re: FreeSpace2 SCP DVD .torrent - help?
You posted this same question in three different threads.  :confused:

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
My bad...

Offline mutombo

has someone already unpacked the torrent?
i got the complete torrent and compared the checksum, but i cant unpack it, 7zip got an error after 1,5 GB.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Ur not seeding... :mad2:
But that's a good thing..I checked the file with 7-zip just now... says its broken  :hopping:  I'll delete the torrent, then make another one with the .iso instead.  Very sorry.. I coulda swore I tested it before and it was find.  Again, sorry.

EDIT: Fixed. here
and here.
OK?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 08:45:32 pm by jr2 »

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
jr2 is you haven't deleted the file you may want to look into generating some parity files with Quickpar rather than forcing mutombo to download the whole thing again.

Catch me on IRC or something if you still have the file.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Oh shizzles...
Sorry.

Offline mutombo

no big deal, im not in a hurry

thanks for the torrent, its much easier than downloading some big files via http.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Well, I do have a fixed torrent up and running, but I wish I had been able to hand you a couple MB worth of patch, so you could just fix it.. 
http://isohunt.com/release/85403
http://www.torrentbox.com/torrent_details?id=95670&uploaded=1

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Re: FreeSpace2 SCP DVD .torrent - please help seed when you finish!!
Before this gets buried, I really think should be a more encouraged way of getting the SCP.  I'd like to see this thread stickied, and I'd love for there to be more seeds on the torrent.  Currently it's been between 1 and 3 other people besides me, and going slower than a seven year itch.  I'm hoping to get the dvd to distribute to others at a lan party this weekend, and torrenting seemed the best way since I could get several guys on my campus to torrent it at once and split the bandwidth, since chunks that go between us don't count against our school-alotted bandwidth quota.  On top of that, both Hunter and RK have been having bandwidth issues now, and this torrent would really help offset that a little bit, especially due to the activity we've been getting since BtRL.  So please, sticky this thread, and if you have the dvd, SEED PLEASE!  I intend to seed as much as my bandwidth will allow until the torrent picks back up again.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Sorry I can't seed anymore, until my comp with the torrent is back online... dumb BIOS upgrade killed my mobo...

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Heh, I finally gave in and re-made the .iso file on my other computer using hip63's DVD.  I then got the FSSCP torrent and told Azureus to save to the same directory as the .iso file was in... it re-checked the file, now it's 99% done, and pretty much I'm back to being a seeder, except I won't look like one until the two text files that I haven't got yet are downloaded... whatever; current up speed is about 27 k/sec, and this will go up once I string some CAT-5 to my computer (currently running on my wireless connection, the other comp has/had a CAT-5 connection to my router).

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Yay seeders!  There are currently 3 people seeding the whole file, and I thank you all if you see this.  I might actually get it by this weekend.  Not to mention I have 3 computers running this torrent, and so does my friend, just so we can get a copy of it quickly, and seed it back out when we do.  But I'm uploading from each of them at .5 MB/s, so it's all good :)
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

I'll jump back in for a while and help out.

Seeding now...

BTW, I don't see how having numerous machines on the same net speeds up downloading. ?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 07:18:33 pm by Huggybaby »

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
It's all about chance.  The odds that one of my pcs gets a certain chunk, while another one is getting a different chunk are quite high considering there's over 1000 chunks in this torrent.  Then, when both of them have different chunks, and they end up in each other's queues, they send the chunks to each other faster, and since my 3 and my friend's 3 are all on the same lan, it sends at several hunder kB/s, instead of 10 or 20, and prevents me from using off-campus bandwidth, which is monitored and throttled on my campus nowadays.  So, currently, we have the 3.8gb download split across 3 accounts on 6 machines.  It's not going to spread evenly, odds are we download the same chunk more than once here and there, but I've definitely noticed that it's progressing rather quickly.  With both up and down caps removed, it occasionally spikes to 1 MB/s sending stuff across the lan to multiple machines.  So I know it's working fairly well.  But don't worry, I intend to seed for quite some time to make up for it, plus, 6 machines here also means 6x the upload bandwidth to anyone else currently trying to get the file, so it's actually helping the system as well.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Is there any way to make a torrent and label it "FreeSpace SCP DVD" and have it point to the same location as the current one?  I'm going to give it a try.  (BTW, those text files d'led, now I'm "officially" seeding.)\

EDIT: Tried.  They say it's already uploaded.  GRRRRR....
But I think I have a solution.  :drevil:
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 10:40:53 pm by jr2 »

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Why are you making a new torrent?  If you want to seed it from another computer, just put the dvd stuff on that computer, open the existing torrent, and tell it to download it to the directory with the current files.  I'm just confused why you want to make another torrent for it, when there's already a good one.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
No, not another torrent unless necessary.  Go to www.isohunt.com  Use the search box on top to search for "FreeSpace".  Okay, now use the same one to search for "FreeSpaceSCPDVD".  See?  This is nuts.  "FreeSpace" is the first part of "FreeSpaceSCPDVD", it should be included.  I would have labeled it differently, but I didn't know the search system was as bad as ours.  (Well, actually ours might be a little less retarded in this case.)  And I can't rename it, to my knowledge.

Now, go to www.torrentbox.com Use the search box to search for "FreeSpace".  That's how it's supposed to work.  (Well, IDK, because I could rename my torrentbox title - or I put it right in the first place, I forget now.)

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Ah, ok, I  didn't know that was the problem.  Thought you were still having hosting issues or something, not searching issues :)

I agree, I hate how so many search engines operate completely differently like that.  Matching exact words should not be default behavior.  I still can't get this board's SMF search to work predictably either.  I never have good luck with forum searches though.