Author Topic: "The First Transport is away!" GR-75 WIP thread  (Read 8350 times)

Offline maje

Re: "The First Transport is away!" GR-75 WIP thread
I rounded out the upper shell a bit more.  Just need to take care of the lower shell.  I'll probably add a few more greebles and such before working on UV layouts and normal mapping.  Btw, is there a set number of polies for Transports?  I'm just about to cross 7,000.

[attachment deleted by ninja]
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 12:28:17 pm by maje »
Deuternomy 22:11 explained:

Well there are many different speculations going on about this law about not mixing fibers and at least one explanation claims that it was a symbolic gesture designed to keep a pure sense of culture, people, and religion.  Seperation of crop  in the vinyard, mentioned in Dt. 22:9 and 22:10 seem to reaffirm this idea, though there may be other reasons as well.

And now, an excerpt from the Prayer of Mordecai, the Book of Esther Chapter C (New American Bible Official Catholic version).

Est C:5  You know all things.  You know, O Lord, that it was not out of insolence or pride or desire for fame that I acted thus in not bowing down to the proud Haman.  6  Gladly would I have kissed the soles of his feet for the salvation of Israel.  7  But I acted as I did so as not to place the honor of man above that of God.  I will not bow down to anyone but you, my Lord.  It is not out of pride that I am acting thus.

Offline maje

one shot without cargo modules, another without docking magnets.

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Well there are many different speculations going on about this law about not mixing fibers and at least one explanation claims that it was a symbolic gesture designed to keep a pure sense of culture, people, and religion.  Seperation of crop  in the vinyard, mentioned in Dt. 22:9 and 22:10 seem to reaffirm this idea, though there may be other reasons as well.

And now, an excerpt from the Prayer of Mordecai, the Book of Esther Chapter C (New American Bible Official Catholic version).

Est C:5  You know all things.  You know, O Lord, that it was not out of insolence or pride or desire for fame that I acted thus in not bowing down to the proud Haman.  6  Gladly would I have kissed the soles of his feet for the salvation of Israel.  7  But I acted as I did so as not to place the honor of man above that of God.  I will not bow down to anyone but you, my Lord.  It is not out of pride that I am acting thus.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
well for something that has almost no flat surfaces I don't think you can do a whole lot better and still achieve a good looking model.  The top looks really nice by the way, and the cargo modules are really starting to look like a Gallofree.  You did a great job on this thing.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline maje

There are still a few things I'm going to add.  A lot of smaller details are not attached from the main mesh since that would just eat up polygons.  There are a few greebles I want to put in, maybe add fuel pods in the cargo hold since I nearly forgot about those.  I might redo the sides where the main shell connects to the lower shells, though honestly, I'm not sure how big a deal that is.  I'm really more interested in getting into normal map generation for this bad boy.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
That looks decent enough. I say stop making the mesh and start the texturing process.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Tempest

• The Star Wars Conversion
    • The Fate of the Galaxy - SWC
Excellent, the mesh is artfully done with proper proportions and attention to detail. That core shipset is getting awfully small nowadays...
"... and the klingons also were the soviet's space program. i mean can you really believe that a bunch of communist farmers can make rockets like that?"
-Axem

My photobucket: with all my shiny new stuff on it! http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o116/Tempest_77/

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Well we still have a lot of work to do getting these in game.  Luckily, PCS2 is finally stabilizing, so if you've been waiting for it to work on your exporting, now's the time to give it a shot.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Offline Tempest

• The Star Wars Conversion
    • The Fate of the Galaxy - SWC
Nah, it's been freespace crapping out on me when it tries to load the model ingame; I've never had too many issues with PCS2.
"... and the klingons also were the soviet's space program. i mean can you really believe that a bunch of communist farmers can make rockets like that?"
-Axem

My photobucket: with all my shiny new stuff on it! http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o116/Tempest_77/

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
A lot of freespace crapping out was because PCS2 had some bugs.  If you used it before I'd rerun everything now.

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
PCS2 is in major bugfixing mode, use the build in my sig and any problems you have please post to the PCS2 mantis (I think there is a link in Kazan's sig).
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
I'm impressed with this, the GR-75 is certainly not one of my first choices for modelling, especially with the mega-greebling, but this is coming along very nicely.