Author Topic: RELEASE - Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius  (Read 419242 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: RELEASE - Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius
How about it being revealed that Bosch is in fact the UEF supreme commander and that the UEF is allied with the Shivans?
:blah:

No, seriously, W.T.F.??!

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
If the floor in this room wasn't linolieum I'd have already falled off my chair laughing.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
The thing I like about PI is how the weapons on capital ships unleash pure hell at you instead of just spitting them out once every five seconds.

And I think War in Heaven will have some awesome twist in it too.

Blue Planet uses the same pulse weapons that PI does, I believe. The capital ships are similarly hellacious. (For example, I somehow caused the GTC Duke to turn hostile and it annihilated me.)

Offline Krelus

How about it being revealed that Bosch is in fact the UEF supreme commander and that the UEF is allied with the Shivans?

Did anyone else think of the Second Great War Part II when they read that?

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
I wouldn't know. Ive never played it :p
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Military dictatorship is what the EA turns out to be after many years of Civil War. Anyways that's a description of the government's tendencies and not the description of the society itself.

Another thing: canonically, the Delta Serpentis node in Sol is located near Earth. What led you to change the location in both AoA and WiH?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
So, Mobius, what did you like about AoA? I can't imagine you found only faults.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Everything except the very end and the Viashnan missions(simply because IMO they should have used more mods to improve the effect) :D
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
My favorite mission was the second to last one where you are protecting the entire fleet.

One gripe i've got.

That indian pilot in the mission where you fight the shivans in Sol...Well i've managed to save the guy, yet he never reapears. What would have been interesting would be if D had included dialogue for him in following missions that would be used if he survived...
So if he survives mission 3, then he has a part in the next mission and so on untill he is killed or untill the las mission. If he's killed than the dialogue isnt used

Maybe make an additional objective for the campaign; keep that guy alive. If he survives till the end of the campaign, you get a medal...

It would have been interesting if D had included something like that
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I hate those. I feel morally obligated to restart the mission every time those characters die.

Like, it's possible for
Spoiler:
the Nightwolves' commanding officer to be killed during the battle against the Sathanas. He's flying Zeta 1. I feel awful every time he dies, though I think, canonically, he survives and gives briefings in the next mission.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Another thing: canonically, the Delta Serpentis node in Sol is located near Earth. What led you to change the location in both AoA and WiH?

You forgot to account for the fact that Earth orbits around the sun.  So it changes position.  Even if the node orbits too, it would likely orbit at a different rate.

Offline eliex

My favorite mission was the second to last one where you are protecting the entire fleet.

Mine is Preserving the Balance, purely because of the music and extreme flak gun effects.  :P

I would have "Universal Truth" (I think that is what it is called, the 2nd to last mission) as a all-time favourite, but before last month, I never finished BP - too many ships in the mission, my game freezes.

Darius, would you consider altering the second to last mission so there are less ships in the mission for people who have weaker computers?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
No, please don't! Or just release it as an alternate.

I love Universal Truth.

Offline Krelus

As I said before, I liked "Forced Entry", it's paced fast and gave me a real run for my money, first time around. Awesome music, too.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog

:wtf:

As I said before, I liked "Forced Entry", it's paced fast and gave me a real run for my money, first time around. Awesome music, too.

I agree. It's very difficult, but very fun too. :nod:
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I'll third that.  That one gave me a lot of grief until I figured out how to get through it, but damn if it wasn't an adrenaline rush.

Offline eliex

The Liliths and the Ravana was a nightmare for the first few rounds . . .

The only reasons why I can beat the mission is because I know that they are going to appear!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 01:13:31 am by eliex »

Offline Krelus

The Liliths and the Ravana was a nightmare for the first few rounds . . .

The only reasons why I can beat the mission is because I know that they are going to appear!

My winning strategy for that one was a Myrmidon with a Morningstar in slot 1 for bomb intercept, a Balor in the second slot with 4 guns, and my secondaries were all Trebuchets.

Let me take another moment to express how much I love the Balor. Such a fun weapon to use ^.^

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I think he's talking about 'Keepers of Hell', in which you can't fly the Myrmidon.

Though there are a Lilith and a Ravana in 'Forced Entry', which does permit the Myrmidon. I never knew it could carry Trebuchets!

Offline Krelus

I think he's talking about 'Keepers of Hell', in which you can't fly the Myrmidon.

Though there are a Lilith and a Ravana in 'Forced Entry', which does permit the Myrmidon. I never knew it could carry Trebuchets!

That surprised me, too. I guess I never knew because by the time you get the chance to really use some Trebs in the retail campaign you have access to the mighty Erinyes.