Author Topic: minor problem - missing Legion hulk  (Read 2601 times)

minor problem - missing Legion hulk
i just finished the campaign and i have to say that i found it very enjoyable :-) there are only 2 issues that i encountered in the last 2 missions

the first in mission 17 "Abandon Hope" where the game kept crashing. luckily, i found an updated mission file in a thread on this board which fixed the problem :-)

the other problem i encountered in the last mission "Last Stand" and it will require solving... its nothing gamebreaking or anything, purely aesthetic.

when i booted up the mission, my game informed that "1 ship class cannot be found" i was puzzled, took a look at the mission file of "Last Stand"... i remembered its in orbit around Deneb and look here, the hulk of GTD Legion was set to be present in the mission. awesome idea. only problem though, there doesn't seem to be a table entry for the Legion's hulk anywhere so the game can't find it :-P

an updated table file for the Legion's hulk would be nice ;-)

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: minor problem - missing Legion hulk
Sounds like you have something installed incorrectly. Debug log please.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

also having difficulty with same problem.
seems to be invalidating ships.tbl

[attachment deleted by a ninja]

Additionally these are all the orions that are in the tables that don't show up in game either in fsport or fsport-str (Mediavps or not)
GTD Orion#Amadeus
GTD Orion#Eisenhower
GTD Orion#Goliath
GTD Orion#Legion
GTD Orion#Orion
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 11:02:46 pm by MLCBotMan »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
The "Ships.tbl is : INVALID!!!!" message is only for multiplayer statistics.  You can ignore it.

As for the extra Orion ships, they are not used in any missions.  But you can see them in the tech room by pressing Ctrl-S.

Several of the ships are there including a few that aren't used like the Iowa
but those I listed before, that are in the tables (Including the legion, which is used in the final STR mission, even if it is only for background debris) are not being read from the tables

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
What do you mean, they aren't being read from the tables?

The entries are there in the ships.tbl for the afore mentioned ships. the models and maps for both the mediavps and retail type in their respective places. I can view in pcs just fine. however, despite the table entries for those vessels, they are NOT read in game. Therefore, for example, there is a table entry for the legion. But in the last mission where the legion is used as a background hulk around deneb, The only thing I get is a ulysses in it's place. I've checked the tables, the mission file, the models, made sure that all my installs are up to date, in their proper folders. I've tried every combination from full media vps to straight fsport. No Go.

[attachment deleted by ninja]

[attachment deleted by a ninja]
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 11:00:53 am by MLCBotMan »

Finally Success!!! had an extra awakenings vp in the wrong folder. it's ships.tbl was overriding the fsport. :)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Aha.  Yes, that's it.  I should have seen it in your log:

Code: [Select]
Found root pack 'C:\Games\Freespace2\fsport\fsport-awakenings.vp' with a checksum of 0x0a5cfdb9