Author Topic: 2 new Narn fighters  (Read 14964 times)

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Hiya folks. I always felt the narn got the short end of the stick combat wise so I asked Whitestar (From Klingon Academy) if I could convert 2 of his fighters.

Presenting the Narn Gorith Bomber and Toreth Interceptor

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/getter_robo_g_2004/detail?.dir=/6888&.dnm=9d5d.jpg

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/getter_robo_g_2004/detail?.dir=/6888&.dnm=321e.jpg

I had a tiny problem with the thruster glows on the Toreth... you can only see them from a 45 degree rear angle???? Wierd. anyone care to look at it?

I love the Gorith, it's a heavy bomber with
 a missile volley of 8 tubes at once but only primary guns.

The Toreth is the opposite, it has no secondaries however it has a fast firing primary set and a slower more powerful starndard set. It's tri-engine configuration enables it to meet the enemy ahead of battle formations or to chase down bombs.

Do the Powers That Be [PTB (TM)] give these ships a yea or nay for inclusion to R3?  ;7
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
As you know, TBP is much more open to the possibility of including work donated by "non team members". Personally I see anyone who is modding B5 for SCP as a team member and give them equal respect. As such I'd like to have a look at the models with a view to hopefully including them if they are up to scratch. Please can you send them to [email protected] . One thing though. What does you your friend from the Klingon Academy mod think about including these models in TBP R3?

In any event. Good work.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Right. Previously we weren't open to including work of non-team members to the project, even more against it if it was about converted models from some other game/mod.

That was mainly because usually converted models sucked in quality. We have since changed our policy to be more open. However we will still examine carefully whether its up to the quality of rest. :) And of course we also need to be sure that the original creator gives his/her permission.

Offline Sigma957

• Darkness descending...
If they turn out to be good then that will be two less we would have to do.:D
The Babylon Project- Bringing babylon5 to freespace2

VWBB Survivor 1095 (Sigma957) 24/2/2001

Offline Xaphod

• http://www.fishinstitution.com
Indeed.   The only thing I would be wary of is the fact that the person posting these isn't the person who made them, which makes me a little uneasy I'll admit.
Burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me.
My website - The Fish Institution

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
I know that the Gorith bomber was made by Fabio Passaro.

The other mesh i don't know.
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Offline Getter Robo G

I just check my PM box there...
This was in it...

------------------------------------------------------

Send a message via ICQ to whitestar
Freespace questions
If the modders at freespace need comformation, tell them to send me a email at [email protected] i will glady give them permission. I often browse different forums so they may want email conformation.

http://technomage.binaryexistence.com/whitestar/WhitestarsHanger/Main.htm
Forward Message
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Originally posted by Getter Robo G
http://technomage.binaryexistence.com/whitestar/WhitestarsHanger/Main.htm
Forward Message

For what game are those mods???
"What does not kills me, makes me stronger!" -Nietzche

There is no peace, there is Anger;

There is no fear, there is Power.

There is no death, there is immortality;

There is no weakness, there is the Dark Side.

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
Sounds like theft to me.
Maby i should contact Fabio and tell him.

Own and the Narn Tor'Eth was made by Alan Hart .
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Offline Getter Robo G

Before you start throwing the T word around do some checking first...

I just deleted a Toreth for SCF3 made by Thursday's Child.  Not to mention the Toreth made by the Homeworld team SO that is like 3 different Toreth's right there...

Cyber Phoenix:  That linak is his DL site for all his Klingon Academy mods... Now that I got SCP working and still have the high limit cob2pof program I can now look at using the larger models that have been sitting on my drives for the last 2 years.

Offline tomcat

• Dark Lord of Truespace
Let me clear the things up..
The original model High poly where the design of Fabio Pasaro and Alan Hart. But those are not the Same model this schmuck are presenting here. Those have 10000p at least (trust me I've seen many B5 models). Both models are not CANNON. Gorith was made for AOG. The other one ..don't know.
Anyway.. what he did is just converting the models made for other MODS. that it is.
Truespace is the path of the Dark Side
-----------------------------------------------
Dark Truespace Master Tomcat

Offline Getter Robo G

"this schmuck"  Refers to who? Me or Whitestar???

You DO realize I am Star Dragon (my old account got hacked or bugged with IE and  
 I couldn't even log on the new one until I got mozilla Firefox browser.)

As far as I know we've never had unkind words these last 2 years...

Consider this my mistake then.  I don't know anything besides core B5 but loved the fact there were other things out there and had gotten permission to not only use them for my use, but to be able to pass them along to the team IF they wanted them.  I will not make that mistake again and just stick to what I should be focusing on like Trek and Robotech II. You people already have things well in hand.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2004, 09:24:54 am by 2035 »

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Hah, that's just the way tomcat always writes. Even if he seems to be insulting you or anyone else, don't think too much into it since it usually is not the case. :)

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Looks promising. Can we see some bigger/brighter screenshot ? Or have a look at the model ?
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Originally posted by Mr. Fury
Hah, that's just the way tomcat always writes. Even if he seems to be insulting you or anyone else, don't think too much into it since it usually is not the case. :)

Exactly :D

Welcome to the forums.  Good to see some other ships flowing in and the possibilities for inclusion!
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline LOKO

If u think its theft Darkage Maby U should contact Fabio and ask him, instead of presuming its theft and threatening to contact him (Darkage u get two thumbs, 1 for being able to talk like a gentlemen and 2 being able to to think like contact Fabio b4 saying anything).

PS: well look the way I know how business is done is

1st, u inspect the model (preview it) and if u like it u go to step 2 and contact the orignal creator.

I believe Mr. Fury said the exact same thing in one of his first post on this subject?.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2004, 09:44:57 pm by 2009 »

Offline tomcat

• Dark Lord of Truespace
I am quite sick of this atitude... if the Creater would had been posting the models ..well it was a different situation ...

Now anyone who converts a model that they didn't made it are posing as big creators... THIS IS A INSULT TOWARDS THE REAL CREATORS THAT SPENT PRECIOUS TIME  CREATING THE MODELS.

BTW LOKO you don't seem to know the difference between a design of a high poly model and a model inspired by a high poly model. Fabio Passaro (with whom I had quite a nice corespondence) is the creator of the Gorith and many other models done for the AOG , including the Dilgars Ships.

BTW Fury ... the models are quite bad.. Gorits is 924+540 p ..but all in wrong places .... :)

One more word on this ...i'm closing the Topic
Truespace is the path of the Dark Side
-----------------------------------------------
Dark Truespace Master Tomcat

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
WTF? :wtf: As far as I can tell, he's done everything right - the models not being up to scrach then that's one thing but he did get permission fromt he creators to convert these.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Before this goes out of hand, lets try to calm down a little and think things through.

What I can see by reading the posts above, and you are of course free to correct me if I am wrong.

- Original Gorith and maybe the other fighter model was made by Fabio Passaro.
- However, the models in question here are low-poly models, not the originals.
- The models in question are used in Klingon Academy mod.
-  Getter Robo G / Star Dragon got permission from Whitestar (creator of the low-poly models from KA mod) to convert the models.

As far as I can see, it's all good so far. Of course if we are to use the two fighters in TBP, we will of course ask permission from Whitestar as well. Fabio Passaro does not directly have anything to do with those low-poly models except that the models are based on his original high-poly models.

The connection is basically the same as our Omega model is to original B5 Omega model.

The least we want is a thread accusing others of theft without a reason. Let's keep it civil and calm and we will have this sorted out without unkind words flying around.

Getter Robo G / Star Dragon, my apologies on behalf of tomcat if he offended you. We would like to resolve this little issue. And we are indeed interested about the possibility to use the models you converted, after this matter has been resolved.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2004, 07:17:18 am by 173 »

Offline Getter Robo G

1.) Diplomacy is always the best policy.

2.) Questions (or rather accusations) of integrity should always be made FIRST in PM's not in public..

3.) Everyone who's been here last 2 years knows I make absolutely NOTHING.

4.) After the SAAB incident I am ultra paranoid of even showing screens of what I screw around with in NON-MOD experiments... The SECOND I decide model X needs to get in a mod an email is sent POST HASTE! (I saw teh thread about thier release on teh KA forum so I dl'ed them and tried them out and loved them, even IF they are low poly.)

5.) I had no idea those designs were UNIQUE. IF they came directly from Fabio's imagination then of course he at least deserves the nod. BUT if they are models made from public sources (ie B5 tech manuals or game sources ect) then using them as a reference to making one's own model (as these are NOT Fabios quality models) is a non issue.

ie: Trashman made me a SDF-1, it wasn't simply ripped from a pre-existing model or product so Harmony Gold can kiss my ass!

6.) I just got a response from IP, surprisingly it appears they pass visual inspection (I figured you guys would alter them for SCP). But yeah I wouldn't have said anything if I didn't get WS's permission FIRST for you guys.

Lastly, HE has TONS of models, but I don't want to keep bugging him for them as you guys basicly have most of them already covered. Besides I have a damn good relationship with the KA community and only ask for permissions if they have something I absolutely MUST have for use in a MOD, otherwise I stick to STOCK models from the games I OWN  (even if they do suck).

Ball is in your corner now, whoever makes the decisons. My part in this is done as I was just trying to be the helpful community member (I like to think I am). Use them or not it's your  call.

L8tr!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2004, 08:10:41 am by 2035 »