Author Topic: C&C3; Welcome Back, Commander!  (Read 10112 times)

Offline ME$$ENGER

• The Yellow Peril
Re: C&C3; Welcome Back, Commander!
Anyone noticed the TS music in one of the videos? I certainly hope not all the tracks are TSish.

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
I don't know... I thought Eva in RA2 was rather... ermm...  :cool:
Ooooooh yeeeaaah...

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
She was all right, but my personal opinion is that she only seemed good because the standard of comparison was Tanya.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
You dare insult Kari Wuher?!

You. Me. Pistols at dawn.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Supersoaker 300 or standard water pistol?
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
I swear Kane is the most charismatic villain I have ever seen in all my years as a player. You simply cant hate him, I still remember playinng RA with the soviets and seeing him there and thinking  :wtf: is he doing there?. I'll still have to crush him with again though, :( such is war.

Edit: Just watch his trailer and what can I say? You cant kill the Messiah (does anyone know the name of the guy who plays him? I know its the director but I dont remember the name.). Is it me or videos with actual people just make the game better?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 11:33:52 pm by Sarafan »

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Supersoaker 300 or standard water pistol?
Your choice. Personally, i'll be going for the Super-soaker filled with Hot Mustard.

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
I must say, I am really looking forward to this. The previews look so sweet......
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline ME$$ENGER

• The Yellow Peril

If I must bang one of them, I'd still choose the NOD blonde.

PS: Can I take my minigun instead?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 01:53:23 am by ME$$ENGER »

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Is it me or videos with actual people just make the game better?

For almost every game out there I'd say no. Even with C&C and Red Alert I found quite a few of the scenes hokey (especially a lot of the Tiberian Sun NOD ones) but for some reason it worked when Kane was there. Probably because the actual actor was doing it rather mellow considering some of his lines.
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...

Oh for... while this may be an internet forum, is it really that hard to leave the overtly tasteless statements to people like an0n who know how to use them?

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain

PS: Can I take my minigun instead?

Thank god theres another guy with taste on this forum :D

Spoiler:
(If we were talkin red alert tanya would get it, But i thought we were talkin C&C for a moment there)
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline brozozo

• Used to be d3r3k.
    • MySpace
I swear Kane is the most charismatic villain I have ever seen in all my years as a player. You simply cant hate him, I still remember playinng RA with the soviets and seeing him there and thinking  :wtf: is he doing there?. I'll still have to crush him with again though, :( such is war.

Edit: Just watch his trailer and what can I say? You cant kill the Messiah (does anyone know the name of the guy who plays him? I know its the director but I dont remember the name.). Is it me or videos with actual people just make the game better?

Joseph D. Kucan.

Offline Roanoke

TS is the only C&C I really got into it.

'spose I should give RA another try.

Offline Nuclear1

Joseph D. Kucan != Udo Kier.

I personally prefered Yuri to Kane. Kane was much more "Mwahahaha!" villain than I could stand (but that may just have been from Tiberian Sun). Yuri was a much more subtle evil genius (especially about halfway through the Soviet campaign in RA2), and I loved it. He's up there with my favorite villains of all time, movie and game.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Sarafan

• No Title

I personally prefered Yuri to Kane. Kane was much more "Mwahahaha!" villain than I could stand (but that may just have been from Tiberian Sun). Yuri was a much more subtle evil genius (especially about halfway through the Soviet campaign in RA2), and I loved it. He's up there with my favorite villains of all time, movie and game.

Kane was more of that kind of villain (subtle evil genius) in the first C&C and he was better there than on Tiberian Sun.

Offline Nuclear1

Kane was more of that kind of villain (subtle evil genius) in the first C&C and he was better there than on Tiberian Sun.

Maybe; I've not played any GDI/NOD game since Renegade and Tiberian Sun, so I may just be getting a bad impression of Kane.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!

Maybe; I've not played any GDI/NOD game since Renegade and Tiberian Sun, so I may just be getting a bad impression of Kane.

Kane's far more articulated than the cornball FMV's of Tiberium Sun.
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
The guy who briefed you in the early missions of C&C was cool, the one Kane shot in the head. I liked him. He had a hat.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I'm Seth. Just Seth. From God, to Kane, to Seth.