Author Topic: "Feint, Parry, Riposte!" BoE Remake  (Read 4671 times)

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
"Feint, Parry, Riposte!" Remake

--------------------------------------------------------------------
My first released FreeSpace mission, a BoE-style remake of "Feint, Parry, Riposte!" from the main campaign. I was inspired by the "High Noon" remake and by the legendary "Nemesis" from Inferno [ironic, considering that I can never beat that particular mission without cheating.] Please give me any constructive criticism you can think of or report any errors you find. Hope you enjoy!

Version 1.1 [made the battle bigger, swapped out the enemy Artemis wing for Zeus bombers, other stuff]

http://www.mediafire.com/?19hy5twexuc61ba [7-Zipped]
Extract folder to your FreeSpace 2 directory, run mission in tech room
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 10:23:23 pm by Lepanto »
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Offline Legate Damar

• Keeping up with the Cardassians
  • Hail Cardassia!
Re: "Feint, Parry, Riposte!" BoE Remake
I will check this one out

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
inspired by ... "Nemesis" from Inferno

Does this have swarm torpedoes and lots of beam disarming (please say yes)
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline yuezhi

• no u
  • ¿¡you dare defy the commodore‽
when you said boe, i thought it would be something more chaotic like the fs2 intro. still i enjoyed this and got at least i got to see the aquitane in action.

if this mission was canon, i think the 242nd would need another something to earn their reputation.
for the sake of fiction i don't think artemis bombers belong here.
ϟIn Neo-Terra we Trustϟ
ϟGreat Tin Can Run (Download
☭Gods and Conquerors  - mission design, tech descriptions, sounds; currently 5% Book of Invasions(reserved)☭

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ︻╦╤─   Bob is building an army.
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂          ☻/         This tank & Bob are against Google+
Il███████████████████].       /▌          Copy and Paste this all over
  ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...     / \          Youtube if you are with us!

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
inspired by ... "Nemesis" from Inferno

Does this have swarm torpedoes and lots of beam disarming (please say yes)

There are no custom assets, so no swarm torpedoes, but a bit of beam disarming.

when you said boe, i thought it would be something more chaotic like the fs2 intro. still i enjoyed this and got at least i got to see the aquitane in action.

if this mission was canon, i think the 242nd would need another something to earn their reputation.
for the sake of fiction i don't think artemis bombers belong here.

Admittedly, it's a bit small-scale for a "BoE," but I think there's enough stuff happening in this mission right now without adding many more ships.
I'd say the Aquitaine could have used a bit more time in the spotlight, given that it's the player's home base.
Good point on the Artemises, they don't make much sense in Koth's fleet now that you mention it.
Thanks for your comments.
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Offline qwadtep

The Prometheus-S is also unavailable at that point in the story.

The one thing I think would be nice gameplay-wise would be if the Colossus would deploy some fighters to mop up any leftover enemies.