Hosted Projects - FS2 Required > Blue Planet

SVN Commit of the Day/capship command discussion

(1/68) > >>

General Battuta:
July 11 2010

Improved meditation widget CB behavior to remove the unintentional implication that it was a brainwashing tool.

(additionally if you haven't seen the capital ship command stuff click here; if you haven't seen the ModDB assets show and its pretty pictures click here)

NGTM-1R:

--- Quote from: General Battuta on July 11, 2010, 03:59:23 pm ---July 11 2010

Improved meditation widget CB behavior to remove the unintentional implication that it was a brainwashing tool.

--- End quote ---

That was the best part of it. :(

General Battuta:

--- Quote from: NGTM-1R on July 11, 2010, 08:47:40 pm ---
--- Quote from: General Battuta on July 11, 2010, 03:59:23 pm ---July 11 2010

--- End quote ---

That was the best part of it. :(

--- End quote ---

We had a long discussion about it, but ultimately...

Ravenholme:
I just saw the capital ship commanding thing. I'm in love. Let me do that with a Tev vessel in a mini-campaign and I will love you oh so much. You can have my firstborn child as it is.

General Battuta:
It's surprisingly fun. I thought it'd be a clumsy bore but it's exciting.

One thing we're debating right now is whether to place the main guns under player control (i.e. press shoot to SHOOT THE GUNS) or leave them as part of the ship's fire control system (you select a target, the AI handles shot placement.)

I know it sounds like the first solution is the obvious one, but there's so much to keep track of already that it almost feels more fun to let your gunnery people handle the gunnery.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version