FreeSpace Releases > Mission & Campaign Releases

Valley of Death - 3 mission demo available to download!

<< < (2/2)

Akalabeth Angel:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by kv1at3485
Well, I may have found a bug in your third mission.

When the time comes to clear out the fighters and the comm node, this is what happens...

First, I get rid of the wing of Nahemas.  Then I took some pot shots at the comm node, which brought some Maras charging to the rescue.  I scrap the Maras, then I engage the rest of the fighters by the node.

However, just before I destroy all the fighters (I left one, in Cancer wing I think), I go back and destroy the comm node.  Then I kill the last Aeshma.  At this points, nothing else happens.  No message saying I took too long to kill the fighters.  Nothing to indicate that the fleet should be warping in.  Just nothing.

I haven't had time to go through your sexps, so right now I'm at a loss to explain which of your events is at fault.
--- End quote ---

Hmmn, yeah I dunno. I might have to check that out. My events are pretty convulted. I hit the sexp limit with this mission (my events aren't efficient or something, i dunno)

--- Quote ---On another note, you have a lot of mission objectives which show up as 'Mission goal text' in all three of your missions.  You may want to fix that as well.

Aside from that, my shallowness cannot detect any other faults in your work.  Keep up the good work then.  Carry on. :)
--- End quote ---

Um, well there's a lot with "mission goal text" because these are typically objectives which aren't displayed in the mission briefing, and are instead later validated inmission. So I never bothered to give them a name, though I guess it couldn't hurt.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version