Author Topic: RELEASE: Dusk Wars Act II  (Read 27004 times)

Re: RELEASE: Dusk Wars Act II
That's a bummer, but real life always trumps video games!  Thank you for sharing the campaigns you've made, and I hope your IRL is fantastic!
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

Interestingly it seems that Act 2 managed to disappear entirely; it's neither on SG nor FSMods, even I don't have a copy.

Offline NeonShivan

• Previously known as BTA
  • By the Omnisiah's grace.
That's a bummer, but real life always trumps video games!  Thank you for sharing the campaigns you've made, and I hope your IRL is fantastic!

Starting Real Estate, I intend to continue my passion when I get established with my business. Thank you very much! :)

Interestingly it seems that Act 2 managed to disappear entirely; it's neither on SG nor FSMods, even I don't have a copy.

Interesting, who do I talk to about that?
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \ All the Single Ladies

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Author of Dusk Wars - A modification for Freespace 2.

Well you upload it on MediaFire if you feel you want that (and time permits you of course). Both sides have a re-release of Act I ( https://www.freespacemods.net/download_896.html ) and another version ( https://www.freespacemods.net/download_826.html ) which appears to be older than the re-release.

Good luck establishing your business :) :yes:

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
I actually still have my modified/fixed/rebalanced playthrough version that worked atleast under 3.7.4 (was it?)

Well because it is mostly a TC actually a conversion to 3.8.2 should cause not much problems.

It is presently not available and Dusk Wars won't be returning to Knossos for the foreseeable future.

And with this announcement i understand, that it is actually not wished, that i reupload the previous Knossos version back to it. I forgot that again during the last couple of months  :D
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 05:20:01 am by Novachen »
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Offline NeonShivan

• Previously known as BTA
  • By the Omnisiah's grace.
Boop

In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Author of Dusk Wars - A modification for Freespace 2.

Offline CT27

I recently got done with a playthrough of the two DW acts.  With Act 1 I didn't have problems, but I ran into technical glitches in Act 2.

-Starting with "Battle For Akrotiri" and for about seven missions after that, trying to pick the Aether fighter causes the game to crash (same with picking it for your wingmen).  It's a pity, because it's the best fighter IMO in the game with 10 guns and excellent maneuverability for a heavy fighter.

-I forget the mission name, but toward the end of Act 2 when you're in a bomber and supposed to take out the shield generators and weapons system of the Sidragasm...you don't have access to bombs.  After the mission briefing, it won't let you select a ship or weapons so you're supposed to have a default loadout.  The mission briefing says you're supposed to have bombs but you don't have bombs...just Spirit swarm missiles.

Could these errors get fixed?