FreeSpace Releases > Mission & Campaign Releases

RELEASE: FreeSpace Mission Disk: Redux

<< < (2/3) > >>

Novachen:

--- Quote from: Trivial Psychic on November 07, 2021, 02:39:05 pm ---I just finished "The GTI Shadow" MDU-16, and after eliminating all enemies and saving the station with only a few percent hull damage to it, I got both the Victory and Failure debriefings.

Also, in MDU-17 "Shadows", there is a directive to scan an unknown ship (which is a Mephisto class), but it isn't scannable.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the report.

mdu-16 is maybe an oversight from back then.
mdu-17 however seems to be resulted due to the build change.

Will look into it as soon as I have time for it.

Marguel:
Thanks for the release!
Downloading!

Trivial Psychic:
I just finished your revised version of Silent Threat and I like the changes you did to the final mission.  When the original was ported over, the whole "big damage" thing would make that mission MUCH more difficult to complete, since your bombers would often get all shot down before they could take out the Hades.  With your additions of the Soyokaze and Myrmidon, you now have somewhere for a fresh supply of fighters and bombers can spawn from.  Of course, too many changes (like have the Hades use its beam cannons), would have encroached too much on STR.

Novachen:

--- Quote from: Trivial Psychic on November 11, 2021, 11:33:36 pm ---I just finished your revised version of Silent Threat and I like the changes you did to the final mission. When the original was ported over, the whole "big damage" thing would make that mission MUCH more difficult to complete, since your bombers would often get all shot down before they could take out the Hades.  With your additions of the Soyokaze and Myrmidon, you now have somewhere for a fresh supply of fighters and bombers can spawn from.  Of course, too many changes (like have the Hades use its beam cannons), would have encroached too much on STR.

--- End quote ---

The final mission is one of the most obvious changes i made. Both destroyers with their bombers were introduced into the final battle to shorten it significantly.... Even without the big damage flag... i always had the feeling that this mission was always too long and too boring, even for Silent Threat.

AFAIK in the original final mission in FS1 the Hades actually used its Beam Cannons. But they never hit their target which was the GTC Orff.
I have could used the GTD Myrmidon as a target for the Hades beam cannons as this ship is mentioned only in one mission of ST and never again after that.
But well, i was not very sure about that, as i never wanted to make too big changes. Especially as there is ST:R anyway which also has a ST:R'ed version of this mission in the Mission Simulator.

So the priority was only, to make this battle shorter as the longer battle has no benefits for the player at all.
There are some tedious and lenghty missions in the Silent Threat campaign, but the final one was the worst imo.

Novachen:
So, Version 1.0.1 of this mod is online.

It fixed all reported bugs so far.

So a more detailed changelog:
• mdu-16 "The GTI Shadow": The debriefing was fixed.
• mdu-17 "Shadows": Unknown is now scannable. Nightingale will also depart if the Barnett gets destroyed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version