Author Topic: C&C Generals Zero Hour  (Read 1360 times)

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
C&C Generals Zero Hour
Yeah I know it's an old game BUT I can't run Tiberium on my comp so I was in Walmart about 3 weeks ago and saw "The First Decade DVD" on the rack.

I was feeling nostalgic for some retro gaming (I only played original C&C back in the day) so I brought it home and installed it.

Needless to say EA really screwed up with their copy protection choice (like they needed any). I have to use a exe crack posted by EA on the site!!!

ANYWAY, despite EA's incompetence, they did a good job with whatever they had to do to fill in the blanks for Westwood's Generals & the expansion Zero Hour.

Now that I know this game can be modded (and also have things extracted for FS2, but it's like pulling teeth!!!) I have been thinking of three projects.

First:  Some future Earth group against an Alien invasion. (I already have a few dozen models lines up for placeholders). I need more ground type meshes though and am going for more hover-type units than actual tread type tanks or vehicles.

Second: Super Robot Wars!!! The idea is some generic type robotic units for mass production against other robot forces or an organic alien fraction (machines vs monsters) like in the animes. Of course later on you can produce "Hero" units... I have several good SRW type meshes to get started with already... I have the robot side basicly fleshed out on paper for most of their units/buildings.

Lastly: What got me interested in modding for ZH in the first place is a mod I came across and installed. I have gone gah gah over it and play it constantly. XENOFORCE (it covers MACROSS, and diff type of GUNDAMS and ZEONS from all the relevant shows in some way).

The Macross General (Veritechs rule! Super fun! The Macross forces definately have an early edge!!!)
The Gundam General (I haven't gotten a Double X built yet but had a good time!)
The Zeon General (I don't know all the units yet so I don't know if it's really fun or not)

I noticed although the game uses a lot of LOW poly models, some are actually decent (and I posted as such in the SEED thread on GW of some I extracted). I also noticed that I might be able to improve the mod by IMPORTING some of the models I have access to to make the visual look better.

No offense to Humora (the author), but for one example the VF-17 Nightmares (Gamlin from Macross 7) look like total S***, but his Freedom Gundam (Seed) is awesome...

Some screenies I made for you to enjoy!:

This one I extracted and threw into a Star Destroyer bay. Imperial Walker 2.0? (kidding!)  :lol:

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Re: C&C Generals Zero Hour
Super Robot Wars!!!!! That would be kickass!

AFAIK - mod tools for C&C3 should be out soon, and it should be modable jsut as much as generals is...or more :)
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Hehe Great for the C3 crowd... Unfortunately I'm still left in the dust... RL bills are pilling up faster than a zerg rush...  :p

Game on!
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Ya, know I was thinking on doing a little modding for C&C 3 once the tools come out.. maby put in hte SDF-1 or Daitarn III or Escaflowne...and watch the carnage :lol:
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!