Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > The FRED Workshop

complex FRED question

(1/3) > >>

Singh:
Hi - just wanted ask if their is a way in FRED to set an 'Attacked-by-ship' event? the reason is im making a mission where Alpha 1 has to choose between attacking 1 group of GTVA ships or the other. Thing is, for it to work, Alpha 1 will have to attack and destroy that ship belonging to whichever side is chosen......but a different set of events will take place depending on which ship he chooses to attack.....

I found a way to do this indirectly via the Missile Lock sexp, but the problem is that my ship, at that point of time, has no secondary weapons, or the aspect seeking weapons for that matter.

If there is another way to get the above event to come true or do we have a SexP already and i'm blind?

Black Wolf:
Try checking Protect ship in the ships properties. Then you'll know if it was destroyed, it was Alpha 1 that did it. If this is unacceptable, you may have to play around with stuff like ship facing and the like.

Singh:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by Black Wolf
Try checking Protect ship in the ships properties. Then you'll know if it was destroyed, it was Alpha 1 that did it. If this is unacceptable, you may have to play around with stuff like ship facing and the like.
--- End quote ---

hmmm...interesting.....may be able to get it to work.....ill try ;)

btw if this can be programmed insomehow, it would be a lot more helpfull :)

karajorma:
I asked for a player-damage-caused SEXP in the SCP thread when I had a similar problem but never got one. I guess it was too hard.

BTW are you doing anything MG releated at the moment? You've been kinda quiet on the internal.

Singh:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by karajorma
I asked for a player-damage-caused SEXP in the SCP thread when I had a similar problem but never got one. I guess it was too hard.

BTW are you doing anything MG releated at the moment? You've been kinda quiet on the internal.
--- End quote ---

lack of anything except on-screen keyboard & p2 that cant play fs2 prevents one from doing much....
managed to do a lot of FREDding for one star trek mission(most complex one i have attempted so far) at uncles place yesterday, but 'll be moving back toMG after that - need to play a mod that doesnt lag my uncle's system to hell and back ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version