Hosted Projects - FS2 Required > Inferno

Independence vs. Diablo problems

(1/19) > >>

Agent_Koopa:
I downloaded Inferno, and I'm getting into it, when I get to the mission with the Independence battling the Diablo and I have a problem. When the Independence is hit by the Diablo and its beams taken out, the Diablo never fires a shot, and neither does the Independence after that. I investigate, and lo! The Diablo doesn't have a beam turret. For that matter, it doesn't have any turrets! This makes it impossible to take out the forward beam turret, and the SOC ship never jumps in, making it extremely difficult, if not impossible, to take out the Diablo! Oddly enough, on a previous playthrough, the front turret was permanently glowing.

Great campaign though, even if the ships aren't as high-poly as could be hoped for, and I feel that this is what a space sim should be like. You should be in a fast, maneuverable ship, with plenty of targets to shoot at. Feels like the Star Wars movies!  :D

Dark Hunter:
Someone else had this exact problem just a few days ago...

Goober5000 suggests restarting the campaign using the most recent build of the SCP (which would 3.6.9). Says it's caused by something going wrong in the mission just before that one.

I never heard whether or not this will work, so: good luck! If it doesn't work, tell us.

Agent_Koopa:
I am using 3.6.9 Final. Would doing the previous mission suffice, or do I have to restart the campaign?

Snail:
Goober said it was caused by the previous mission so i guess replaying may help.

snake60:
i have the exact same problem, i was just going to post it.

Just redoing the previous mission (in the tech-room i guess ???) should do the trick ?

I'll give it a try this evening

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version