Author Topic: fred 2  (Read 2970 times)

Offline waldi

Can some one help me with the new fred 2 iam having trouble placing capital ships. some one help please:mad: :mad:

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
:welcome:

To place a ship, select it from the drop-down menu on the toolbar and then Ctrl-click where you want to put it. :)

To the TBP guys: did you include the FRED walkthrough in the R3 installer?

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Originally posted by Goober5000
To the TBP guys: did you include the FRED walkthrough in the R3 installer?

You probably mean the original FS2 FRED2 walkthrough, yes freddocs is included.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2005, 01:50:18 am by 173 »

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Go to help>>Help topics and read through the walkthrough. You'll have to use TBP ships instead of the Freespace ones but you should be able to make the mission they describe without too much trouble.

Just out of interest how many new FREDders are there working on TBP now? If there is interest I could be talked into setting up a FRED Academy for them too.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
We will most likely need FRED Academy once we begin working on Earth Civil War, a 45 mission long campaign. Otherwise it would simply take YEARS to finish it.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
There are some problems with getting the FA to work on a major campaign.

The biggest problem with it is that the FA works out in the open. The plotline is available for everyone to see. I've set up the academy that way because most of the people the Academy take on are very new to FRED. Some of them dabble with it a little and then decide that it's not for them. In addition I wanted people to just wonder past looking for a mission to play and do some playtesting for us.  

As you can see this is fairly different from having a mod team who are more likely to be there for a long while. Plus you don't want the hassle of having a large number of newbies running around the TBP internal. :)

What I was thinking was more along the lines of making a smaller campaign. As you spot FREDders with talent you can graduate them into TBP proper. Rather than getting FA to make the main campaign it acts as a minor league for you to scout from. (Not that I'm putting down the FA campaign. The quality of the work on some of the FA missions rivals that of any hosted campaign)

In many ways I think a FA for TBP would actually be more successful than the original has been. Unlike Freespace 2 there are a limited number of TBP missions available (even after raider wars is releases) so you're going to have a lot of mission hungry people willing to playtest :D That's always been the big problem with FA, getting people to playtest.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2005, 05:34:43 am by 340 »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

For some reason it dosnt Fred2open dosent seem to like adding more than one operator to a trigger...
shrug.
Not really a problem.
Mild Euphoria Ensues

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
You probably need one of the logical operators.  Try using AND/OR.  And don't forget that Add Operator, Insert Operator, and Replace Operator all have different uses. ;)

Offline waldi

no i was talking about the capital ships when i place them they are white blocks

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Try turning off Show Ship Model and turning on Show Ship Outline in the view menu.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline waldi