Author Topic: TBP Multiplayer Game dates?  (Read 2558 times)

TBP Multiplayer Game dates?
Would anyone be interested in setting up times for games of TBP? Cause none of my friends like TBP, mainly they don't have a joystick. Who doesn't have one of those these days?

Anyways, that and I'm bored with single player.

So, any takers? Mr. Fury? Anyone?

I'd love to have a game this weekend - I can host upto 4 player.  UK (gmt time zone)
The Babylon Project 2D Art / Texturing / Model Setup / Experimentation and Implementation

NEWBIE'S GUIDE TO THE VBB:

Enable Beam-free-all.

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
And I'd like try the multiplayer too :p I just created a server and waited... And no one came :(
No surrender, no retreat.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: TBP Multiplayer Game dates?
Originally posted by Azrael15
Would anyone be interested in setting up times for games of TBP? Cause none of my friends like TBP, mainly they don't have a joystick.

Despite what it claims in the requirement section you don't actually need a joystick to play TBP.

Although I never will understand how anyone can play it without one :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

That's what I meant, one of them tried playing with a mouse... *shakes head*

Re: Re: TBP Multiplayer Game dates?
Originally posted by karajorma

Despite what it claims in the requirement section you don't actually need a joystick to play TBP.

I use a Sony Playstation Dual Shock controller. :D

Despite how strange that sounds, it actually works pretty decently.  The left stick is obviously for pitch and yaw, while I use the right stick for rolling, as well as relative throttle.  I switched the directional pad from its default of views to the sliding thrust.  The only problem I have is if I need to roll while also firing.

Offline Burns

How many players can a server support?? Ive never played FS2's mp.... how does it work?
That which does not kill me is delaying the inevitable.

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
Don't know how many... But check this thread http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,29543.0.html You also have to create a MP pilot.

On the side note: The ones who made the MP missions, should consider inreasing the respawn count :)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2005, 10:42:01 am by 2137 »

Offline wolfdog

Re: Re: TBP Multiplayer Game dates?
Originally posted by karajorma

I don't understand how you can play WITH a joystick... tried to learn it for over 2 months, than gave up, started playing with keybord only again and suddenly Pwn ass online and in SP:D

But for the multiplayer part of this..:

Currently there are only 2 multiplayer missions, meaning that this wil get boring really soon.. + the tvt mission that comes with the release has 0 respawns, AND is totally unbalanced. (one side can choose 2 ships and a few weaps, other side can choose ALL ships and ALL weaps..)  I took the liberty of increasing the number of respawns, but me and primus are the only ones with that mission...  

Next problem is that the tables and missions aren't validated yet, meaning your stats will get tossed at the end of the game.

So... we need someone who knows how to make multiplayer missions...  Think i could give it a try, only I don't have any idea about how things work in the B5 universe....  

Ok, that's what I think about it, yu can now flame me:D

edit: 8 player is max for coops (though I have seen missions with 12, I don't know or they work)

8 players is also the max for TVT.  

for dogfights, 12 players is MAX

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
What wolfdog said
and
go play TBP online, people! :D