Author Topic: Okay, I'm stumped.  (Read 3344 times)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
got this while trying to play Omni's Star Trek mod:

Error: weapons.tbl(line 826:
Error: Required token = [#End] or [$Name:], found [$Homing:                        ]
in weapon: Defiant Pulse.

File:\fs2_open\code\parse\parselo.cpp
Line: 570
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------

Error: weapons.tbl(line 826:
Error: Required token = [#End] or [$Name:], found [$LaunchSnd:                     ]

[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:

Error: weapons.tbl(line 827:
Error: Required token = [#End] or [$Name:], found [$ImpactSnd:                     ]

Call stack:

Error: weapons.tbl(line 828:
Error: Required token = [#End] or [$Name:], found [$Flags:                         ]

Call stack:

Error: weapons.tbl(line 830:
Error: Required token = [#End] or [$Name:], found [$Icon:                          ]

Call stack:

Omni think's it's because i'm using 3.6.7 builds, and not an older build.

anyone have any suggestions?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

try 3.6.5

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
That has also sounds of table errors in it. Can you compare the troublesome entry to other similar entries. It might have double homing entry or something like that. I could take a look at it if i knew where to get the weapons.tbl you are using...

I think the SCP team made the table parsing much more strict that what it used to be so now this kind of errors pop up.

EDIT: I may have managed to stumble upon the right weapons.tbl on my own (If you have $FOF: before $Homing entry). Try moving the fof entry to the last row of the weapon entry, right after the impact explosion (or whatever) entry...
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 04:08:53 pm by 2625 »
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
well, it fixed the FOF errors in the Defiant pulse and Bird-of-Prey Pulse, but now... damn this photon torpedo.

getting some more table bugs, but i think i can fix this.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 05:50:03 pm by 2299 »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Thanks for the inadvertant  heads up! I haven't moved the Trek test build files to 3.6.7 yet and still do testing in 3.6.5
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
ok, i've just fixed all the errors in the weapons AND ships tables (there were entries like ""Photon Torpedo" and such).

but now, 3.6.7 just locks up on startup.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Try the debug build?
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
aha... beam trouble.

Warning: Type D beam weapon, 'AAA Phasers', has less than one "+Shots" specified!  It must be set to at least 1!!
File:c:\fs2_open\code\weapon\weapons.cpp
Line: 2411

Call stack:
    fs2_open_d-20051025.exe 0053ebd8()
    fs2_open_d-20051025.exe 0053fa89()
    fs2_open_d-20051025.exe 004051cc()
    fs2_open_d-20051025.exe 0040efc8()
    fs2_open_d-20051025.exe 0040f15c()
    fs2_open_d-20051025.exe 00740177()
    kernel32.dll 7c816d4f()

does anyone know what this should be set to?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 07:42:28 pm by 2299 »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I'm guessing at least 1?

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
ah, but i want to keep this as Trekish as possible. that's why i asked. ;)

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
well, doesn't the trek whatevers fire one shot? No shots would be a weapon that doesn't fire......
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
i know, i know.

now i'm getting actual bugs (looking for weapons that aren't in a ship entry) and an error saying i'm over the 130 ships limit. :wtf:

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Yeah, there's a 130 ships limit.  If you must go over it, try an Inferno build, but you're going to sacrafice the ability to play online in doing so.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
What you actually enforce that now? (I got something like 280 for Trek mod)... :D
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Dude, there's ALWAYS been a 130 ships limit.  Multiplayer breaks when it's removed.  And it's almost always been enforced in standard builds AFAIK.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
all I ever heard was that the limit for ships was upped. that's it.