Author Topic: 20041102 build  (Read 8455 times)

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
Something is wrong with this build.
My tables (modified in a extreme way!) don't work with it:
http://img124.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img124&image=tblbug1.jpg

While they do work with vanilla FS2:
http://img124.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img124&image=tblbug.jpg
(Although I get a weapon.tbl error)

Commandline: -spec -glow -pcx32 -jpgtga -d3dmipmap -dualscanlines -orbradar -snd_preload -env

Edit: No problems with shadow build 3.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2004, 02:08:45 pm by 1688 »
--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Originally posted by DaBrain
Something is wrong with this build.
My tables (modified in a extreme way!) don't work with it:

Define "extreme".  Have you tried with my pilot builds?  You can try (re)moving/renamimg the campaign savefile to see if that gets things back.  If the campaign savefile is gone it will go back to a default of available ships.  It looks like it can't find simliar entries in the ships.tbl since it needs valid names now.  It could be some weird translation issue depending on how the tables were modified but that's a wild guess.

Oh and can you send me those table changes?   I'd like to code around that if it is a translation issue.

Offline Lynx

The ambient light thing went away. Didn't do a thing, I just started FS again.:wtf:
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set fire to him and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
Originally posted by taylor

Define "extreme".  Have you tried with my pilot builds?  You can try (re)moving/renamimg the campaign savefile to see if that gets things back.  If the campaign savefile is gone it will go back to a default of available ships.  It looks like it can't find simliar entries in the ships.tbl since it needs valid names now.  It could be some weird translation issue depending on how the tables were modified but that's a wild guess.

Oh and can you send me those table changes?   I'd like to code around that if it is a translation issue.

http://www.8ung.at/dabrain/ships.tbl

I don't know how many things I changed. The most "extreme" parts are landscape parts for the Starfox mod. (Like mountain1,2, ..)

Do you need the weapon table too?
--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

Offline Axem

DaB, get out of any mods and restart the vanilla campaign, then switch back to whatever. I had the exact same problem and it seemed to fix it.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Yeah... the tables work fine, because you can see the Ulysses.  There aren't any ship errors, or it would have crashed.  The only thing missing is the tech database progress, as Axem said.

Taylor, could you initialize each newly converted pilot with the active mod's default tech database entries?  That should satisfy everybody, I would think.

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
Originally posted by Goober5000
Taylor, could you initialize each newly converted pilot with the active mod's default tech database entries?  That should satisfy everybody, I would think.

Available ships are copied over from converted pilots so they shouldn't have to be reset (it's a bug otherwise).  When campaigns are switched (after conversion) every available ships is turned off and then available ships are reset from the campaign itself.  I'm trying to figure out where the problem is regarding available techroom data but haven't yet.  I have tried resetting the mod to the default available (using tech_reset_to_default()) but that hasn't worked in testing.  Should be fixed before the weekend is over though.  One of my fixes in the later pilot file builds did this.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Hm, this may be more complicated than I thought.  I just used the new build and my pilot appeared to convert just fine, tech room and all.

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
Originally posted by Goober5000
Hm, this may be more complicated than I thought.  I just used the new build and my pilot appeared to convert just fine, tech room and all.

Yeah I think it problem only happens with pilots that have already been converted.  The code for the two is different.  In the last couple of test builds new fixes were introduced that would provide more help to prevent techroom data from one campaign getting carried over to another.  Also added was extra redundancy to avoid crashes if a campaign and it's missions were not available at that particular time and give helpful error messages rather than appear to be doing nothing.  One, or a mix, of these fixes is causing this so I've just got to rework this code to fix the new problem without undoing what it's there to fix in the first place.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Fred2_open build included screws my display colors completely. Colours become all dark, a screenshot does not capture the effect.

Using latest ATI Catalysts and 17" TFT.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I noticed that too.  Grab Goober's 11-06 build.  I tested that last night and had no drop in brightness.  There also appears to be a new "Voice Acting" editor.  I'm not entirely sure how its supposed to work though.

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Yeah, the brightness thing was a bug with the gamma settings that taylor fixed right away.

The voice acting editor isn't done yet. ;)