Author Topic: C05252008RTS - Trunk + Pressed/Released  (Read 3616 times)

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
C05252008RTS - Trunk + Pressed/Released
Same as the last build, except now with:

$Keypress: (Condition)
Keypress conditional. It will also work, to some extent, with "Alt-1" or "Shift-1" style keypresses, but only with the On Frame hook, and it seems to use the Windows keypress interval to repeat

$On Key Pressed, $On Key Released, $On Mouse Moved, $On Mouse Pressed, $On Mouse Released (Actions)
Fairly self-explanatory. The press-release hooks are added when the OS signals freespace that something has occurred, so they should happen as soon as the key is pressed, although I have not implemented override options yet

For everyone else
I added the key pressed and mouse moved functions to about as low of a level as I could. As a consequence, they happen near-instantaneously but may introduce some lag. Let me know if there's any change in responsiveness between this build and the last.

http://fs2source.warpcore.org/exes/latest/C05252008RTS.zip
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 09:32:17 pm by WMCoolmon »
-C

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
Re: C05252008RTS - Trunk + Pressed/Released
il have to mess with this after work. would be cool if we could get joystick button and axis states as well.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
With Joysticks, I want to be able to do things with an array of joysticks, so you can directly handle more than one.

I haven't even started to look at the input code to see what that would provide. But I'd really like to see some concrete, release-usage of the scripting system. I've already invested a lot of time in it thus far, and so far all I've gotten are promises or plans, but no solid evidence that it's accessible enough and provides the right features for people to use it.

Well, I know SoL is using it as a key factor in their missions, but that's about it so far.

I'd rather see what people can create (new things) based on limited resources rather than just code in a solution everytime, too...
-C

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
most of my little scripts are pinned to be merged and used in the next version of nukemod. but yea its just a plan. the fsrts is a little bit more involved. rl is such a pita at the moment it seems to be eating up all my mod time. ant what times not consumed by my work is eaten up by my family. im about ready to disown them all and move somewhere cheap like phoenix, get a part time job and the most dinky apartment i can get my hands on. none the less scripting is why ive not produced a new model in almost 2 years. ive done alot of things with scripting that coders have been saying was impossible for years.

anyway id like to see a system (and this goes in the post 3.7 era after taylor's input update gets done) where script can be used to add functions to the control mapper screen and then have access to the data from the control bound to that function. similar to the way quake c assigned bindable impulses to functions. those can be bound to pretty much any key on the keyboard. id take it a step further and add axes, both absolute (joystick) and relative (mouse) than can be bound to the proper input function.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN