Author Topic: Sun Glow Proposed Change  (Read 11787 times)

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Re: Sun Glow Proposed Change
I could ask Woolie to try this out with his Wings craft.

Edit: The new Nightly has this built-in so I tried a quick level using the HEF Blizzard, and the glare doesn't show through the cockpit, like the Raptor image previously posted by Nighteyes.
Though that could be a good thing since the whiteout effect occurs even when the star is completely hidden within the cockpit (As people who've watched MetalDestroyer's videos the Blizzard's cockpit takes up quite a bit of space, this also means that the star doesn't behave how it normally does when an object covers it), if the effect was to do what is intended, the glare would probably end up showing through the cockpit even when it's completely covering up the star.

Actually,
Cockpit Test: http://www.mediafire.com/?y85dgaaioktfz8d
Was this build intended to remove the whiteout effect entirely? This isn't what is used in the new Nightly since that build still has sun whiteout. But neither of these have the glow showing through the cockpit in the way it does with the ships themselves.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 10:35:27 am by Commander Zane »

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
You really need to make some adjustments in order to get the most out of this:

--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
can someone test the flares with a cockpit that has glass?
I was pretty certain the Blizzard and Esarai's fighters had visible canopy glass from inside, but I guess not after just trying missions with them placed.
Could try --Steve-O--'s Reaver. If not I'll have to go back to asking Woolie Wool like I normally planned.

Edit: No dice on any ships with glass from the inside (Though the Reaver's cockpit texture is nice, I hope the other FTF / UEF ships get redone cockpit textures too)
But that's unrelated.

All in all, no luck with the effects working as intended with ship cockpits.

Also, nice screens DaBrain.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 11:11:57 am by Commander Zane »

Offline Valathil

• ...And I would have had a custom title if it wasn't for you meddling kids!
  • Custom Title? Wizards need no Custom Title!
Can somebody give me something with a friggin cockpit remote testing is major pain in the ass
┏┓╋┏┓╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋┏┓
┃┃╋┃┃╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋┃┃
┃┃┏┫┃┏┳━━┓┏━━┓┃┗━┳━━┳━━┳━━┓
┃┃┣┫┗┛┫┃━┫┃┏┓┃┃┏┓┃┏┓┃━━┫━━┫
┃┗┫┃┏┓┫┃━┫┃┏┓┃┃┗┛┃┗┛┣━━┣━━┃
┗━┻┻┛┗┻━━┛┗┛┗┛┗━━┻━━┻━━┻━━┛

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
If I can get Woolie to respond on MSN I'll see if he'll let you borrow the Peregrine, it's a Wings fighter with a cockpit and canopy glass you can see from inside.
This is the only lead I have, I don't know any other ships that fit the criteria.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 01:10:08 pm by Commander Zane »

Offline Valathil

Yeah I'll borrow a data file. Ill even send it back when im done ok
┏┓╋┏┓╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋┏┓
┃┃╋┃┃╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋┃┃

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
tested and the problem is still there... I'll also say that the cockpit in the screenshot has no glass, so it cant be because of that.
the flares work with full nebula(with no cockpit)
can someone test the flares with a cockpit that has glass?

I did. Cockpit glass prevents not only the glow being drawn over geometry, it also blocks the lens flare and the screen brightening when you look at the sun.

There are actually three layers of glass here, the canopy and two HUD panes. Notice that none of the effects associated with looking at the sun are present.

Contrast to an exterior view, where the glow is drawn over the fighter as intended.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Valathil

Sometimes i surprise myself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pCRUSl1BRY

Build: http://www.mediafire.com/?57i8l2mppn5dww3 (Theres some transparency fix code in there so dont be surprised if some things with -trans dont work correctly)

Patch: http://www.mediafire.com/?nw62gop2nfdo55d (This is clean)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 04:07:34 pm by Valathil »
┏┓╋┏┓╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋┏┓
┃┃╋┃┃╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋┃┃

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
That looks freaking amazing. Am I seeing things or does it already fade in and out a bit?
(hosted by Game-Warden)

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Oh wow. That is sweet. :D

Good god the irony.

With this new build I get the problems you had in the previous build. :nervous:
Glass doesn't render from the inside no matter what I fly so that's why it's not there.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 08:43:00 pm by Commander Zane »

Offline Valathil

(Theres some transparency fix code in there so dont be surprised if some things with -trans dont work correctly)
Zane that is probably why the glass doesnt render try to get someone to build you a clean build. and if my screwed up glass code puts the glass in front of the solid polys you get shinethrough
┏┓╋┏┓╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋┏┓
┃┃╋┃┃╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋┃┃

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
As requested by Valathil, here's another build with the code changes. Please test it out.

http://blueplanet.fsmods.net/E/fs2_open_3_6_13d_INF_SSE2.7z
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Talon 1024

• How do you turn this on?
    • Mods, Games, and Stuff
Gameplay seems to be abnormally laggy for me, and I'm also getting a lot of these during gameplay in fs2_open.log:
OpenGL Error from start of tcache_set(): invalid value

EDIT: Log attached.

[attachment deleted by ninja]
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 09:02:43 am by Talon 1024 »
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

FS2 Mods I'm waiting on: Inferno 10th Anniversary
Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).
The FreeSpace Font Foundry is back in action!

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Glass doesn't render from the inside no matter what I fly so that's why it's not there.
IIRC, that's how it's supposed to work (and how it used to work). It's great that this had finally been fixed, as glass rendering from the inside made Mediavps fighters (especially those with orange glass) unflyable with cockpits. Getting around this problem required an ugly hack.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
(Theres some transparency fix code in there so dont be surprised if some things with -trans dont work correctly)
Zane that is probably why the glass doesnt render try to get someone to build you a clean build. and if my screwed up glass code puts the glass in front of the solid polys you get shinethrough
It's even Nightlies that it happens, though you have screens and Woolie has videos showing glass inside. It shows on the outside at least but not from inside.

IIRC, that's how it's supposed to work (and how it used to work). It's great that this had finally been fixed, as glass rendering from the inside made Mediavps fighters (especially those with orange glass) unflyable with cockpits. Getting around this problem required an ugly hack.
Refer to underlined portion.

Checking the new build.

Code: [Select]
==========================================================================
Fred2 Open version: 3.6.13
Passed cmdline options:
  -spec_exp 15
  -ogl_spec 20
  -spec_static 1.5
  -spec_point 1.2
  -spec_tube 1.5
  -ambient_factor 35
  -env
  -missile_lighting
  -glow
  -spec
  -no_emissive_light
  -normal
  -soft_particles
  -post_process
  -fxaa
  -fb_explosions
  -cache_bitmaps
  -ballistic_gauge
  -dualscanlines
  -orbradar
  -rearm_timer
  -targetinfo
  -3dwarp
  -ship_choice_3d
  -weapon_choice_3d
  -warp_flash
  -snd_preload
  -mod Ships and Things,mediavps_3612
Building file index...
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Advanced.vp' with a checksum of 0x4b8b0f5a
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_AnimGlows.vp' with a checksum of 0x6a554026
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Assets.3612.vp' with a checksum of 0x59649c21
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Assets.vp' with a checksum of 0x529cc70f
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_CB_ANI_1.vp' with a checksum of 0x9c948078
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_CB_ANI_2.vp' with a checksum of 0xd1e3fc51
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Effects.3612.vp' with a checksum of 0x9c510aa0
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Effects.vp' with a checksum of 0xb9a9a485
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Music.vp' with a checksum of 0xb3e21469
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_RadarIcons.vp' with a checksum of 0x31dd7781
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Root.3612.vp' with a checksum of 0x7c9d7e74
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Root.vp' with a checksum of 0x6ffd5c78
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\SathMod.vp' with a checksum of 0xbd01c0f0
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\multi-mission-pack.vp' with a checksum of 0x377695e0
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\multi-voice-pack.vp' with a checksum of 0xd50e7442
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\Root_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xce10d76c
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\smarty_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xddeb3b1e
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\sparky_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x164fe65a
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\sparky_hi_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xa11d56f1
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\stu_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xd77da83a
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\tango1_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x4c25221e
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\tango2_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x86920b82
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\tango3_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x705e8d71
Found root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\warble_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xd85c305d
Searching root 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\Ships and Things\' ... 187 files
Searching root 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\' ... 551 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Advanced.vp' ... 1283 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_AnimGlows.vp' ... 1641 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Assets.3612.vp' ... 315 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Assets.vp' ... 1527 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_CB_ANI_1.vp' ... 32 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_CB_ANI_2.vp' ... 52 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Effects.3612.vp' ... 10 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Effects.vp' ... 1876 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Music.vp' ... 32 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_RadarIcons.vp' ... 24 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Root.3612.vp' ... 13 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_Root.vp' ... 94 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\SathMod.vp' ... 26 files
Searching root 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\' ... 77 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\multi-mission-pack.vp' ... 110 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\multi-voice-pack.vp' ... 307 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\Root_fs2.vp' ... 157 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\smarty_fs2.vp' ... 10 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\sparky_fs2.vp' ... 3027 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\sparky_hi_fs2.vp' ... 1337 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\stu_fs2.vp' ... 2355 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\tango1_fs2.vp' ... 32 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\tango2_fs2.vp' ... 15 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\tango3_fs2.vp' ... 10 files
Searching root pack 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Freespace 2\warble_fs2.vp' ... 52 files
Found 27 roots and 15152 files.
Setting language to English
DEBUG SPEW: No debug_filter.cfg found, so only general, error, and warning
categories can be shown and no debug_filter.cfg info will be saved.
Initializing OpenAL...
  OpenAL Vendor     : Creative Labs Inc.
  OpenAL Renderer   : Software
  OpenAL Version    : 1.1

Found extension "ALC_EXT_EFX".

Sample rate: 44100 (44100)
  EFX version: 1.0
  Max auxiliary sends: 1
  Playback device: Generic Software on Speakers / Headphones (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)
  Capture device: Microphone Array (IDT High Defi
... OpenAL successfully initialized!
Initializing OpenGL graphics device at 640x480 with 32-bit color...
  Initializing WGL...
  Requested WGL Video values = R: 8, G: 8, B: 8, depth: 32, double-buffer: 1
  Actual WGL Video values    = R: 8, G: 8, B: 8, depth: 32, double-buffer: 1
  OpenGL Vendor    : ATI Technologies Inc.
  OpenGL Renderer  : ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5800 Series
  OpenGL Version   : 4.1.11005 Compatibility Profile Context

Using extension "GL_EXT_fog_coord".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_multitexture".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_env_add".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_compression".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_env_combine".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_draw_range_elements".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object".
  Using extension "GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_framebuffer_object".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_rectangle".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_bgra".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_cube_map".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_point_sprite".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_shading_language_100".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_shader_objects".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_vertex_shader".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_fragment_shader".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod".
  Found special extension function "wglSwapIntervalEXT".

Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (null-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (null-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (l-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lb-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (b-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (b-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (b-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (bg-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (l-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lbg-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (l-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lbgs-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (l-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lbs-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (le-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lbgse-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (le-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lbse-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (ln-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lbgn-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (ln-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lbgsn-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (ln-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lbn-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (ln-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lbsn-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lne-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lbgsne-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lne-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lbsne-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lf-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lfb-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lf-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lfbg-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lf-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lfbgs-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lf-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lfbs-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lfe-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lfbgse-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lfe-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lfbse-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lfn-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lfbgn-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lfn-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lfbgsn-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lfn-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lfbn-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lfn-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lfbsn-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lfne-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lfbgsne-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lfne-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lfbsne-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (l-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (null-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (l-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lg-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (l-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lgs-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (l-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (ls-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (le-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lgse-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (le-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lse-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (ln-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lgn-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (ln-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lgsn-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (ln-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (ln-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (ln-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lsn-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lne-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lgsne-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lne-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lsne-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (la-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (la-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (la-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lba-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (ba-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (ba-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (ba-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (bga-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (la-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lbga-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (la-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lbgsa-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (la-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lbsa-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lea-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lbgsea-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lea-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lbsea-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lna-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lbgna-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lna-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lbgsna-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lna-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lbna-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lna-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lbsna-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lnea-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lbgsnea-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lnea-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lbsnea-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lfa-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lfba-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lfa-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lfbga-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lfa-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lfbgsa-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lfa-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lfbsa-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lfea-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lfbgsea-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lfea-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lfbsea-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lfna-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lfbgna-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lfna-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lfbgsna-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lfna-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lfbna-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lfna-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lfbsna-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lfnea-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lfbgsnea-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: main-v.sdr (lfnea-v.sdr), main-f.sdr (lfbsnea-f.sdr)
  Compiling shader: soft-v.sdr (soft-v.sdr), soft-f.sdr (soft-f.sdr)
Loading built-in default shader for: soft-v.sdr
Loading built-in default shader for: soft-f.sdr
  Compiling shader: soft-v.sdr (soft-v.sdr), soft-f.sdr (soft-f.sdr)
Loading built-in default shader for: soft-v.sdr
Loading built-in default shader for: soft-f.sdr

Compiling post-processing shader 1 ...
Loading built-in default shader for: post-v.sdr
Loading built-in default shader for: post-f.sdr
  Compiling post-processing shader 2 ...
Loading built-in default shader for: blur-f.sdr
  Compiling post-processing shader 3 ...
Loading built-in default shader for: blur-f.sdr
  Compiling post-processing shader 4 ...
Loading built-in default shader for: brightpass-f.sdr
  Compiling post-processing shader 5 ...
Loading built-in default shader for: fxaa-v.sdr
Loading built-in default shader for: fxaa-f.sdr
  Compiling post-processing shader 6 ...
Loading built-in default shader for: fxaapre-f.sdr

Max texture units: 8 (16)
  Max elements vertices: 2147483647
  Max elements indices: 16777215
  Max texture size: 16384x16384
  Max render buffer size: 16384x16384
  Can use compressed textures: YES
  Texture compression available: YES
  Post-processing enabled: YES
  Using trilinear texture filter.
  Using GLSL for model rendering.
  OpenGL Shader Version: 4.10
... OpenGL init is complete!
Size of bitmap info = 742 KB
Size of bitmap extra info = 48 bytes
ANI cursorweb with size 24x24 (25.0% wasted)
GRAPHICS: Initializing default colors...
Loading palette gamepalette1-01
No cached palette file
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-sdf.tbm' ...
Wokka!  Error opening file (armor.tbl)!
TABLES: Unable to parse 'armor.tbl'!  Error code = 5.
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-amr.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-wxp.tbm' ...
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp20.eff) with 75 frames at 20 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (ExpMissileHit1.eff) with 92 frames at 20 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp04.eff) with 49 frames at 22 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp05.eff) with 93 frames at 20 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp06.eff) with 92 frames at 22 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (capflash.eff) with 40 frames at 10 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (Maxim_Impact.eff) with 23 frames at 30 fps.
ANI Lamprey_Impact with size 80x80 (37.5% wasted)
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_core-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_assets-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'blz_mod-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'blz-modEffects-wep.tbm' ...
Weapon 'Hornet#Weak' requires the "player allowed" flag, but it's not listed!  Adding it by default.
Weapon 'Harpoon#Weak' requires the "player allowed" flag, but it's not listed!  Adding it by default.
Weapon 'Hornet#Weak#Shivan' requires the "player allowed" flag, but it's not listed!  Adding it by default.
Weapon 'Harpoon#Weak#Shivan' requires the "player allowed" flag, but it's not listed!  Adding it by default.
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-obt.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'Sath-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_core-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'radar-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_assets-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'boa-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'artemistest-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'stheno-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'skjoldr-shp.tbm' ...
WARNING: "Invalid armor name Light Armor 100 specified for hull in ship class GTF Skjoldr" at ship.cpp:2451
Freeing all existing models...
wtf there's stuff on this that I removed from the mvps_3612 folder that it's *****ing about. Oh the cache folder, whoops.
Well it didn't render glass from inside the cockpit and the sun glare still showed through the dash when completely covered, just like on the previous screen.

And yes, even for a Debug build my framerate was a hell of a lot lower than it usually is.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 11:23:21 am by Commander Zane »

Offline Valathil

Gameplay seems to be abnormally laggy for me, and I'm also getting a lot of these during gameplay in fs2_open.log:
OpenGL Error from start of tcache_set(): invalid value

EDIT: Log attached.

This was actually a bug in the Distortion Thruster code but is fixed as of revision 7629

Regarding the sun thing i have one last test build. if that doesnt work you have to give me the cockpit model to test cause i really think its an issue with your model. it works perfectly fine on the test model i have and there is no NVIDIA/ATI stuff happening here just pure c++ code so it has to be the model

http://www.mediafire.com/?jk4aa7qnhhnf1y9
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 11:34:38 am by Valathil »
┏┓╋┏┓╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋┏┓
┃┃╋┃┃╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋┃┃

Offline Nighteyes

latest test build is working, somewhat... the cockpit reacts to the sun, but its as if there are collision holes and in some places the flare would show through the model, again this cockpit has no glass.

works good:

move a bit to the right, and the flare shows through:

same with other parts of the cockpit:

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
My guess is that it goes right through backfacking polygons.

I'm pretty sure this is a well optimized mesh, so the other side of the mesh is probably open.
(hosted by Game-Warden)

Offline Valathil

Can you fraps that i need to see it animated. i can you tell me if you use any -trans textures in this model. And are you using flat polies without textures perchance somewhere?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 09:18:25 am by Valathil »
┏┓╋┏┓╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋┏┓
┃┃╋┃┃╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋┃┃

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Still no dice on the FS2 fighters with show_ship. Given their quality isn't like the Raptor shown above or Wings fighters I could live without the flag enabled, but come War in Heaven R2 I'd certainly use it for UEF fighters.