Author Topic: Official PCS2 Feature Request thread  (Read 120143 times)

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Re: Official PCS2 Feature Request thread
Not sure if someone has already said this, but...

I think there should be more either built in subobject orientation detection tools, or easy tools to let the user determine the orientation of the subobjects. Like, you should be able to assign a normal vector to something by selecting a face with the same normal vector. And you should be able to select either a polygon or submodel to center the point on or in. The two might or might not have to be the same (if you select a polygon as the location).

Edit: and some easy way to flip points across planes parallel to but not identical to the three coordinate planes (i.e. the plane x = 2 instead of the yz plane, or any numerical entry); this would be particularly useful if you could do multiple points at a time.

Also, how about an "advanced clipboard" feature, where you can copy any number of points, subobjects, or what-have-you into the clipboard, and paste or remove them from the clipboard at any time. Also useful with this feature, you should be able to save clipboards, either inside their respective PMFs or as their own files.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 08:31:47 pm by Aardwolf »

The clipboard feature has already been requested, and I'm backing it.  Ideal for duplicating turrets. :)

Ohhh following my suggestion about using Turret01 number just once (prev post) that should make making the clipboard easier.  Unless these some funking stuff going on in the PCS internal model/pof hierarchy i'm not aware of.
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Heres another feature requestion.... Kazaan already looking at me with the look of death LOL..
How about rescaling an existing model?   I could bring all my fighters to scale with Saga models without having to rebuild them and relocate the points (gun, paths, eye..etc)

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
with PCS2 that would probably be a trivial amount of coding
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Is the wishlist still open ? :)

Not sure if it has already mentioned here (sorry, to lazy to read everything), but a really important function that we are missing for years
is a pof-resizer. It sucks to have to re-convert the model everytime I scaled it wrong.

AFAIK there was something like segeltuch in the past, but I never get this program to run like it should.

Would that be possible Kazan ?
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
yes the wishlist is still open, i just haven't added things to the schedule for a while.. been to busy to try to think out on the road map... i think someone already requested that and with the new internal model format that wouldn't be very difficult.

conversion from COB will be 1:1 no longer 1:20 by default as well

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Is the factor still selectable ? I found it always quite handy that it converts 1:20. When I have to make the cob file 1:1 then I have to work on a giant model in truespace which makes it a little more difficult IMO, not to mention that navigation in truespace is a pain in the arse
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

That would have been my request about 5 messages up  :)

Ok would a model thats 1km would an imported X x 3.6 x Z, switched down to X/3.6 x 1  x Z/3.6 sized up to 1000X x 10000 x 1000Z/3.6
That would be impossible to edit in truespace?!!!  :nervous:

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
its better to model fighters at 1:1, but capships i oten model at around 50:1
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Hmmm I never thought of it for fighters.... I'm so used to using  X/3.6 x 1 x Z/3.6.

Heres a dumb thought.... would it be possible to export the model data through a function call?  You could then write a plugin that would receive all the model data, perform it's operations and return the result back.  I'm not sure if this would work well for it or not, but it would make life in the long run easier for the wish list.  Instead of having to write everything including the kitchen sink into the program, you could write plugins that do the job.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
it would be cool to have some form of integration with the max plugin.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
no need to export the data like that... the plugin (if i write a plugin interface) could just have direct access to the internal PMF

Well thats even better then :-)

I was thinking something like this:

ModifiedData = RunPlugin (OutgoingData) ;

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
that would be terribly ineffecient.. making copies of the central data store.. oui

the plugin would simply have access to the PMF object in memory

Agreed.... just pass it a reference or pointer

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
it'll be a reference if i make the interface

This might sound like a stupid suggestiong, but I just discovered I've been making a mistake for my subsystem special names...

Would it be possible (with people's suggestions/warnings) about possible errors in your pof model data.  For example in my case....
It'll warn you that you forgot to put a '$' in front of the specials name.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
My request is that it get made!
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
My request is that it get made!

ditto

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Whitelight

• Thing, man like
MOI!!  Moment of inertia? 
Have read up on this, from different threads.  There isn`t an easy fix for this, is there?

I mean, leaving the file in pof format, while fixing it isn`t possible, correct?
Simpicity of character is the natural resualt of profound thought