Author Topic: will there still be the shivan dragon?  (Read 10220 times)

will there still be the shivan dragon?
first i would like to compliment you on an awesome job with inferno... but i noticed when i downloaded the r1 of inferno there were 2 problems... 1. you took out the shivan dragon and kept the scorpian and added a few new fighters... but the dragon owns all those fighters except for that one... forgot its name... why would the shivan trash such an awesome fighter?  the dragon gave me more problems then any of the fighters in freespace 1 and 2. so it wouldnt make sense for the shivans not to use them anymore.

2nd i noticed in r1 that all the vasuden fighter and bomber ships were less advanced then the fs1 and 2 vasuden ships. 

not sure if this has already been addressed or not... i am not on this forum that much.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Re: will there still be the shivan dragon?
R1 is three years old. INF SCP may or may not have the Dragon. And compared to the R1 fighters, the Dragin wouldn't have been as much of a threat.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline wdarkk

R1 is three years old. INF SCP may or may not have the Dragon. And compared to the R1 fighters, the Dragin wouldn't have been as much of a threat.

Well, it'd still be near-impossible to hit at close range.

yea i would have to disagree... r1 kept the scorpian which was not nearly as dangerous as the dragon... in freespace 1 and 2 the dragon was a nightmare.

Offline wdarkk

yea i would have to disagree... r1 kept the scorpian which was not nearly as dangerous as the dragon... in freespace 1 and 2 the dragon was a nightmare.

AFAIK the Scorpion isn't actually in FS2's main campaign, unless I missed it somewhere.

AFAIK the Scorpion isn't actually in FS2's main campaign, unless I missed it somewhere.

its not? anyways i wasnt talkin about the fs2 campaign... i was talkin about Inferno R1 which had the scorpian...

Why would the Shivans need the Dragon? They have some sort of uber-fighter this time around... I forget the name, was the SF Succubus, or something else?

In either case I believe the Scorp was dropped.

Please note that I am not on Inferno's staff. I do not guarantee my information is accurate. ;)
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline wdarkk

Couldn't resist.

Couldn't resist.

LOL I knew that would happen! My brother used to play and collect Magic: The Gathering cards!

Back on topic.

The Dragon would be replaced by something else, like a SF Drake (made up) or something. What I really hated about R1 was that the Shaitan was brought back... Scorpions were a great comeback ship.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Why would the Shivans need the Dragon? They have some sort of uber-fighter this time around... I forget the name, was the SF Succubus, or something else?

In either case I believe the Scorp was dropped.

Please note that I am not on Inferno's staff. I do not guarantee my information is accurate. ;)
I think it's the Succubus, yeah. And they do have other, better fighters, even in R1.

Hmm, wasn't there a video of a fighter being equipped with a beam and firing it on Vasudan warships?

Is that the Succubus or is it a new type of fighter?

Oh and the Chimera (presuming it's kept by the SCP crew) should be the replacement, or the SF Hydra (if they kept it too).

I believe a couple of bombers have fighterbeams...

I thought the Hydra was a scout? And the Chimeara a stealth? Or am I totally mixed-up? :confused:
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project

Couldn't resist.

It reminds and old thread of mine :P

The Hydra is a scout, the Chimera is a stealth fighter and the "uber-fighter" you kept refering to is the Gorgon.

I think the Dragon would have been poor in a INFR1 environment. Most missiles can take it out with a single shot and primaries would have a similar effect. Keep in mind that both the Scorpion and the Shaitan, which didn't appear in the main FS2 campaign, have improved statistics. The original FS1 Scorpion and Shaitan wouldn't survive more than 10 seconds in a INFR1 environment, I'm pretty sure of it.

I don't remember if the Dragon is included INF SCP, but you will find it in INFA SA(the Dragon is a must have).
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

I could've sworn I saw an "SF Succubus" in a screenshot a while back...

Offline wdarkk

One thing I hope won't be returning is the Hornet. Tornado rocks, Hornet sucks. No way they'd keep the Hornet in service with the Tornado around.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
I could've sworn I saw an "SF Succubus" in a screenshot a while back...
Probably. It is a new INF SCP fighter. I think.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The Succubus is in Inferno and it can outrun the Ennead too. The Dragon is not AFAIK, and I don't think it would be much of a threat anyway.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
The Succubus is in Inferno and it can outrun the Ennead too.

:jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw:

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Yes, that fighter is fast. And has a poor armor plating...as expectable :P
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Apparently it can also outrun certain missiles... But nothing can outrun a fighterbeam... Isdes... :drevil: