Author Topic: new build; important that you test it  (Read 19114 times)

new build; important that you test it
Hardly.

Only those people who haven't got much to say anyway, but still do so in terrible English, while being impolite, are being made fun of.
Native speakers are also a bit more often frowned upon for awfull English, but generally, I haven't noticed much comments unless it was really, really bad.
And off course those that lie and steal art.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline Rol

ok i try to remember... but i don´t care if somebody makes fun about my english they are just idiots:)

but i am here because FS2 is my favourite space simulation and i want to play it with modern graphic features and i try to help with bug reports or constructive criticism

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Originally posted by kasperl
Hardly.

Only those people who haven't got much to say anyway, but still do so in terrible English, while being impolite, are being made fun of.
Native speakers are also a bit more often frowned upon for awfull English, but generally, I haven't noticed much comments unless it was really, really bad.
And off course those that lie and steal art.

You are speaking easily, you did not experience it.

Originally posted by Rol
ok i try to remember... but i don´t care if somebody makes fun about my english they are just idiots:)

Positive attitude. I like it. :yes:
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Talk about missing your subtile hints.

I'd find it really difficult to blame others exclusively for the treatment some members have recieved.  If you are rude, inconsiderate, and generally condescending toward everyone who does not agree with you completely, then you are going to be made fun for anything and everything that you do or say.  Be polite, cooperative, and encouraging (even if it means a negative perspective from time to time) and you'll be treated in kind.   We can get fussy if there is a huge post that is nearly incomprehensible, but if one can try to clarify what was said other than with "My english is bad!!!111" you should be fine.

As for this bug, I'll do what testing I can when my new system gets here.  No sense perfecting things for my old POS.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2004, 11:37:47 am by 570 »
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Uhh..would you mind to stay on topic?

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
Rol your english is great, I'd never know you wern't native speaker if you hadn't pointed it out.  the only people I've seem getting made fun of for there engrish was HIG and free terran, HIG deservs anything bad that may come his way, and free terran just had realy realy bad english skills (though I think his time here has helped him eminsely). yeah being in this comunity is defenately helpful for people trying to learn english, especaly decifering my nearly encrypted posts.

alright... recode error, is something that I was working on while waiting for people to post some feedback, I forgot to turn it off, sence I posted it, those of you able to get in game did you see and visable framerate changes (hopefully on the positive end, but I know for a fact that it'll cause frame rate drops in the HTL models)
load times are going to be bad for a while becase the model has to basicly be reconverted into a new format internaly when it's loaded, and until that format gets settled upon, and all models get converted to it and we include them in a new vp file it's going to add a good deal of time to the loading of models (especaly the HTL models, the finres for example takes no less than 8 seconds to load, sometimes more than 30, the game isn't hanging it's just thinking realy realy hard)
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
my english is bad, im american :D

i did notice some performance increase, mainly the game stopped slowing down when you look at new objects. instead of being jerky its a bit more smooth. even with my lod-less hi poly ships.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2004, 03:54:26 pm by 766 »
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
re-code error.
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
http://freespace.volitionwatch.com/blackwater/fs2_open_r.zip

there should be no recode error in that one, I also reimplemented the state block code, wich is the last of the base stuff I need, wich means I can probly start reintegrateing decals and environment mapping, though environment mapping I am going to try and make a little better than the origonal (in terms of how it's implemented, not how it looks), so if there are no bugs in that one (useing d3d htl) I'm going to commit, and begin adding decals environment mapping or point sprites (point sprites would help a lot)
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Target

This last one crashes to the desktop after the scp splash screen.

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
there's virtualy nothing diferent between them, does anyone else have anything, to confirm or refute this?
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

I´ve noticed just one crash. It happened after a longer period of playing. But most of the time it seems pretty stable and fast.
There are no recode error and white squares for now.

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
good, if I don't get any major bug roprts I'm commiting this to CVS, then moveing on to more interesting features
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Yep, no major problem here either Bobb, it runs, it plays. I haven't checked the 'small print' yet, but great stuff! :)

Offline Target

Disabled in-game movies and it plays.

Offline Singh

• Degrees of guilt.
CTD when something tries to jump in.
Also, I suspect something may be wrong with the anis, since i once saw a shivan vessel without animated glowmaps, and just a few minutes ago in a game with Raa, the head anis were REALLY wierd. I'll see if i cant get shots.

Offline Singh

• Degrees of guilt.

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
are you useing pcx32 or the texture compression one?
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3

Offline Singh

• Degrees of guilt.
current flags (set for Mp performance)

C:\FreeSpace2\fs2_open_7-1-04.exe -spec -snd_preload -d3d_no_vsync -dnoshowvid -novbo -fps  -ambient_factor 75

I disabled everything to get it running. but before this I only had the -pcx2dds flag on too. I disabled it and removed the Zpack as a precaution. It worked, and I didnt CTD.

Offline Bobboau

Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
so you don't get the bug, when you remove the dds compression flag?
meaning this is a dds bug and therefore not my problem?
learn to use PCS
PCS 2.0.3