Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 580895 times)

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSssss.

My grand tower...my castle...all will be able to reach great hights of excess and ego-stronking!

NOTE TO SELF: Make a a new max height wall.

:yes2: :nod: :yes:
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Okay, so I set my brother up somewhere to the south of the "northern" line, around (-1400,600) or so.  There were a few various constructions in other spots along the line, but there didn't seem to be anything in the immediate vicinity there, so hopefully that's fine with everyone.  His MC name is JumboShrimp, in case you happen to see him on; try not to haze him too much. :p

I got a nice guided tour of another server last night.  My TF2 server of choice is run by some of the OverClocked ReMix peeps, and someone I knew on there who's an admin on their MC server recommended I stop by.  They've got some absolutely fantastic construction going on there, but what I really like is their claim system.  They have the server map set up so that they can outline specific regions for certain users, so that any potential territory issues are avoided outright.  They also have identifying signs on everyone's areas, which is nice...lord knows I can't even tell how many constructions I've found on our server that I still can't put a name to. :p

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Engines: Upgraded

Glass Shell: Complete

Hallways: Updated

Images for an idea of scale: Uploaded

Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline watsisname

Wow!  Looks really cool with all that glass and interior lighting. :yes:
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
https://twitter.com/#!/jeb_/statuses/166808028413308928

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
wooooooo Fenris radar dish and missile launcher!

qaz, once the additional height happens, methinks we might need to coordinate a time when we're both on to do some serious WorldEditing. ;)

Rail to Sandwich's is complete.

Ooh, I see... I kinda wish it connected somewhere externally, outside the front door, rather than running right inside the cavern, but whatev. :p Thanks!

Engines: Upgraded
*snip*

Glass Shell: Complete
*snip*

Hallways: Updated
*snip*

Images for an idea of scale: Uploaded
*snip-snip*

Speaking of new Fenris stuff, I added a BreadMaker (courtesy of GenerikB and PearSquirrel's videos) to the kitchen. :D
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 06:55:38 am by Sandwich »
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net

Ooh, I see... I kinda wish it connected somewhere externally, outside the front door, rather than running right inside the cavern, but whatev. :p Thanks!

My original intentions were to do that, but when I first asked about it you told me you wanted it to come out into the cavern. :nervous: Said it would be neat to have a station in there. I can put it somewhere else if you like.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft

My original intentions were to do that, but when I first asked about it you told me you wanted it to come out into the cavern. :nervous: Said it would be neat to have a station in there. I can put it somewhere else if you like.

If it's that cavern under the tower I was building in the snow biome to the Northwest of the spawn, you can use that. MC has been put on the back-burner for a while, so I don't really mind.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper

I did? Huh. Okay. :p
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Fenris has a pool!

Also, water shaders are funny.

Offline Axem

Swantz, a rail connection to my area would be cool. Though I'm not sure what path it should take... The most logical path goes right through qaz's mansion. :p

Offline achtung

• ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Swantz, a rail connection to my area would be cool. Though I'm not sure what path it should take... The most logical path goes right through qaz's mansion. :p

I think I can work that out. the portion near town will be underground, so qaz's mansion it's safe.
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
Guys, if the height limit gets boosted to 512... you know what we're gonna have to do.  There's no avoiding it.  Muthaf**kin GTD Orion.
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
You'd need minecart railways to traverse long distances in it though. That's fairly realistic however, given how Orions are 2130 meters long.

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Guys, if the height limit gets boosted to 512... you know what we're gonna have to do.  There's no avoiding it.  Muthaf**kin GTD Orion.

Which is...

wait fooor iiiiit...

over 512, sorry. :P (somewhere around 560, maybe if the top turret is lopped off...)

Maybe just the shell of a deimos? And it could be above ground and everything, although we would need a lot of room. Remember how many -months- Fenris has taken, and we're not done yet.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Fenris was kind of a pride thing, wanting to build it all by hand. If we did anything that size or larger again, I'd want to import the shell automatically. Filling out the insides can't be done automatically of course, but that's fine since the internals are pretty fun to do.

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Fenris was kind of a pride thing, wanting to build it all by hand. If we did anything that size or larger again, I'd want to import the shell automatically. Filling out the insides can't be done automatically of course, but that's fine since the internals are pretty fun to do.

The shell can't quite be done automaticly either: no color.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
No, of course, but simply avoiding the whole arduous process of outlining the hull according to blueprints would be a great help.

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
As long as it doesn't make the ship a solid brick. (that would suck)

Offline achtung

• ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Axem, where would you like your station to be? Give coordinates please.

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
As long as it doesn't make the ship a solid brick. (that would suck)
Which part, the solid part or the brick part? I'm sure we'd be able to define what block is used to create a hull; whether we can make it only 1/2/3 blocks thick vs solid is another question...