Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 578044 times)

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
imagine my surprise when i realised new creeper and door sounds, without downloading a MC update? i was like "WAIT WAIT WAIT, WHAT THE ****?!?"

[edit]who might PD_Top_Gun on my server be?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 08:32:28 am by pecenipicek »
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline FlamingCobra

• An Experiment In Weaponised Annoyance
Interesting tower design. :D
It it just one room at the top with stairs leading to it?
-snip-
Not sure if laffing @ me or complimenting me. :\

Yeah there's the first floor with a foyer that goes to the second floor, which is empty at the moment. The second floor leads to the third floor which is basically one long hallway with that big square tower you see in the middle. In the middle of that square tower is a staircase leading to the tallest tower. I'd post more pix for clarification, but I don't think anyone cares.

And yes, that tallest tower only has one room. That is where I keep my portal to the nether. Which, unfortunately, comes out on tiny ledge that is way up high and hangs over nothing but an ocean of lava as far as the eye can see.

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
ah, k. Mongoose, you has permissions to do stuff on the server now.

Offline watsisname

Would anyone happen to know from where minecraft reads the little characters that float from the bookshelves to the enchanting table?  I feel like I've gone through everything but still can't figure out where it's hiding -- changing both character lines in fonts/alternate.png did nothing, and they don't appear to be in default.png, particles.png, or anything else I've looked through. :X
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Knowing Notch, they're probably procedurally-generated or something. :p
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Man, you're doing it the hard way. :P 
Why not simply mute the game music, and play the other music with the audio/media player of your choice?

One is scarier than the other. Imagine silence... then while you're perusing around some cave, this song plays on you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB6BYqbdSGQ

Randomness trumps constantly playing

EDIT: Just came up with an idea
Change the ambient with Descent music. That way, you'll always get Descent stuff in caves, and not when above ground. At least, that's my theory
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 05:35:20 pm by deathfun »
"No"

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Cool, thanks, I'd forgotten to post about that. :) I stopped by a couple of days ago to take a peek around, and while I was amused by not even having permission to die, I managed to drop myself into a room with doors I wasn't allowed to open, so that kind of ended things. :p

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Cool, thanks, I'd forgotten to post about that. :) I stopped by a couple of days ago to take a peek around, and while I was amused by not even having permission to die, I managed to drop myself into a room with doors I wasn't allowed to open, so that kind of ended things. :p

Haha! See? I'm not the only one who found that amusing!
But I was flying (illegally) so doors never were an issue for me

Sidenote: Music changed, everything is in working order. I am now playing Minecraft with Descent music huzzah

EDIT: Upon mention of Pecs server, I'm encountering an unbearable amount of lag for some reason. Nothing has changed since the last time I've been on the server, and now it's just over the top. Anything change on your end? Or am I just doing something terribly wrong
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 07:38:22 pm by deathfun »
"No"

Offline watsisname

One is scarier than the other. Imagine silence... then while you're perusing around some cave, this song plays on you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB6BYqbdSGQ

Randomness trumps constantly playing

Ahh, trufax. :]
I think my personal favorite tracks for caving adventures are levels 13 and 14.  I mean holy crap, that moment some 15 years ago when I first played those levels and that music started will be forever ingrained in my memory.  :shaking:
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter

Haha! See? I'm not the only one who found that amusing!
But I was flying (illegally) so doors never were an issue for me

Sidenote: Music changed, everything is in working order. I am now playing Minecraft with Descent music huzzah

EDIT: Upon mention of Pecs server, I'm encountering an unbearable amount of lag for some reason. Nothing has changed since the last time I've been on the server, and now it's just over the top. Anything change on your end? Or am I just doing something terribly wrong
i have no bleedin clue honestly. neither lester nor yokoso complained yet. you might have jumped in when i was dl-ing something, but thats quite rare these days.

* pecenipicek blames bloody isp...

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
So has there been any update on Bukkit's efforts.  I'm really looking forward to upgrading to 1.0, but I don't want to go through the bother of having two separate installs.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Work Progresses

Library:

Exterior Shot:

“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken