Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 578044 times)

Offline watsisname

Uh.

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG

Possibly old, but I'd never seen/heard of this before.  Consider my brain fully blown.
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
I'll take an unbreaking III over an efficiency V.  At least you get ~4x as many uses for it.

Best pick I ever had was a fortune III unbreaking III.  Ahhh, endless diamond. :)
But combine the two type of enchants... and you get something very special.

Unbreaking III, efficiency IV for me. Still trying to get a fortune pick...

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
So, yeah, if Trashman wants to confirm in this thread that he wants creative back, I'll give it to him. Just want to check one last time if he's changed his mind or not.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Does anyone know why the nether rail includes stairs that lead to a death drop onto a glass floor?

I keep getting lame unbreaking IIIs on my diamond picks around level 50 enchants. :blah:

Can't wait for the new XP system...

Second enchantment done....  I now have a diamond pickaxe with Unbreaking III and Fortune II.  Cost me twenty-eight levels.

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I keep getting lame unbreaking IIIs on my diamond picks around level 50 enchants. :blah:

Ya, level 50 doesn't mean "best" it means "this is what you will probably get at these levels". Go look up the best tools/level to get any one enchantment. There is a system.  ;)

Holy crap, it's close to completion  :cool:   
(well.... the shell anyway... the guts will take forever)

Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Loli with a hammer
    • Minecraft
Well, instead of building stuff or playing normal minecraft, I have been playing a lot of custom maps lightly.

So far my favorite has been Vech's Super Hostile maps.  A lot of fun, but I keep dying in the fire :/

The traps on some of his later maps are quite devious indeed.  (Creeper fountain, anyone?)

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
A lot of fun, but I keep dying in the fire :/

In all fairness, he does tell you via sign at the spawn point, "I hate you. Die in a fire. <3"
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR

Second enchantment done....  I now have a diamond pickaxe with Unbreaking III and Fortune II.  Cost me twenty-eight levels.
I hate you! :P

I hate you! :P

I wuv you too.  (That's my way of saying I just got six diamonds out of a vein of four, without my pickaxe losing any durability.  :pimp:)

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Loli with a hammer
    • Minecraft
Finally bothered with an enchanting table today.  My first whack at enchanting was with a diamond sword, which got Sharpness III and the ever-hilarious Knockback II.  If you made any bets, contingent on, "When Creepers fly," then now is the time to pay your dues.  I am wandering my SSP world at night for the funsies now.

Knockback II?  You don't play many custom maps, do you.  I have gotten used to that knockback II sign you always get at the start of Vech's maps.

Now, knockback X, THAT is insane.  Instead of Endermen teleporting to you, you get to teleport Endermen.  If the mobs don't die from the splat damage or from falling into the lava, they will be too far to bother you.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Mura is on even less than you are qaz. Bad choice for a OP, as he's never there..

Mayhaps you should give sandwich OP powers, he seems to be on frequently enough?

And yes, I would like creative back for a while.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
Mura is on even less than you are qaz. Bad choice for a OP, as he's never there..

Mayhaps you should give sandwich OP powers, he seems to be on frequently enough?

Agreed x.X . We still have griefer damage and that happened ages ago now >.<

Also:

*does happy dance for future creative trashman* :D
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 12:12:59 pm by Grimper »
When Australia burned.

Together since the world began, the madman and the lover.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I felt like someone had to have had this idea before me, so I'm glad to find confirmation.

Offline HoundofDarkness

• Guardian of The Catacombs, Receiver of Tolls
I just saw the server message, THANKS QAZ!

Also, the shadow has grown...
Mankind, a cesspit of hatred and lies! - Castlevania, Dracula

I just saw the server message, THANKS QAZ!

Also, the shadow has grown...

What shadow?

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Crickets coughing, prolly.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
You Sir, are a comedic genius!

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 11:05:56 pm by Grimper »
When Australia burned.

Together since the world began, the madman and the lover.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n