Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 578056 times)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Hm..wasn't there a inititive to donate for server support a while back?

Can't we Pay-Pal Qaz as a sign of thanks?
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Curious thing I noticed, I accidently got into a fight with an Endermen and hit /home to teleport back to my base (which wasn't far off) and the guy teleported after me and murdered me hahah. Probably old news for everyone, but I wonder how far those guys can teleport.

Incidentally how does a person lock a chest and/or a door? I noticed that some doors have player specific locks on them, but not sure how to do this myself. Or does one need admin priviledges?

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Curious thing I noticed, I accidently got into a fight with an Endermen and hit /home to teleport back to my base (which wasn't far off) and the guy teleported after me and murdered me hahah. Probably old news for everyone, but I wonder how far those guys can teleport.

Incidentally how does a person lock a chest and/or a door? I noticed that some doors have player specific locks on them, but not sure how to do this myself. Or does one need admin priviledges?

If you type /help there'll be a list of commands that you can do. One of which is related to locking chests
There's several types, password, personal, specific to certain people, etc
"No"

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
IIRC /cprivate makes it you-accessible only. I think /cunlock [pwd] -> [punch block to unlock] is how you open public, passworded chests, but I forget how to create them.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
"/help" command doesn't work and you can use "/lock" to lock stuff... just FYI. o_o

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
/help works for me... O.o
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
IDK then. I haven't been on in the past few days, maybe it's fixed now?

Real men use lots and lots of redstone in their locks:P

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Does that all that redstone still function if you put /lock on the door? Otherwise a pick would be an irreversible key to your locked door. :nervous:

Real men use lots and lots of redstone in their locks:P

I need all my redstone for lighting :P
Plus I don't really want any complex machinery in my house, doesn't fit my imagined aesthetic of the world. (just like those mods with nuclear reactors)

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
But nuclear anything makes everything better! Just look at Chernobyl, I made a killing selling artifacts and killing mutants.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

But nuclear anything makes everything better! Just look at Chernobyl, I made a killing selling artifacts and killing mutants.

Well I did like when Lewis blew up his house, or, they blew up Israpony's reactor in Celestia's castle. But I don't really need it in my game.  The yogbox has a good selection of appropriately-themed mods, I just wish it would work for more than 30 minutes before glitching out on me.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I remember seeing a cool mod once that added mechanical elements like windmills, though I don't know much more about it.  Hell, I'd settle for rotating structures, if there was a feasible way to pull that off.

I remember seeing a cool mod once that added mechanical elements like windmills, though I don't know much more about it.  Hell, I'd settle for rotating structures, if there was a feasible way to pull that off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndVVrZqHqA8

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft

Better Than Wolves is a mod I highly, highly advise to get for the server once 1.3 comes and it goes SMP. If I can count you, that means we have at least 4 fans of BTW on the server. It will enable us to get some automatic systems in place that don't break vanilla balance and style, plus cool looking windmills and waterwheels for those who just want aethetics.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 11:06:19 pm by Grimper »
When Australia burned.

Together since the world began, the madman and the lover.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n

Also, wai no one sign to thank qaz :(

Because not all of us have the impetus of guilt from being bossy and breaking into his tower.

That, and I thank him by choosing to play on his server and adding to the world he's providing.

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
Ugh I posted it coz it's been many many pages since anyone bothered to thank qaz, not out of any sense of "guilt", specially since it was proven there were signs, and I'm not the only person around here asking for fixes *points at trash*

But whatevs I can remove that part easily enough and you can show your appreciation; or look ungrateful up to you xD

Nvm screw it just removing the whole thing.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 11:05:36 pm by Grimper »
When Australia burned.

Together since the world began, the madman and the lover.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n

Ugh I posted it coz it's been many many pages since anyone bothered to thank qaz, not out of any sense of "guilt", specially since it was proven there were signs, and I'm not the only person around here asking for fixes *points at trash*

But whatevs I can remove that part easily enough and you can show your appreciation; or look ungrateful up to you xD

Nvm screw it just removing the whole thing.

As I said, I thank him by playing on his server and just participating. Hosting a server is like hosting a party, and when people have different parties they can go to and choose to come to yours it's a compliment in and of itself. Nothing worse than hosting a party and having no one show up. By participating I give him a sense of satisfaction from providing a place where people can enjoy themselves and interact, and at the same time I add structures that both he and other players can investigate and enjoy if they so choose.

And you're not asking for fixes, you're asking for changes. There's a difference. If you wanted your base in a jungle biome, or a tundra, or a forest, or a plains biome you should've built it there in the first place in my opinion.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
And you're not asking for fixes, you're asking for changes. There's a difference. If you wanted your base in a jungle biome, or a tundra, or a forest, or a plains biome you should've built it there in the first place in my opinion.
...except his home originally was in a forest, but when the biome code changed with the 1.0 release, it mostly turned to swamp.

...except his home originally was in a forest, but when the biome code changed with the 1.0 release, it mostly turned to swamp.

Okay that makes more sense.