Author Topic: RELEASE - Shivans! v0.2  (Read 41085 times)

Re: RELEASE - Shivans! v0.2
But they can have a single Carrier trapped deep in enemy territory fighting desperately to survive against the odds.  :p Thats what i means when I said Derelict.

One question arises: Should the FRED shortcut included in the mod contain all the new ships and .tbl changes?

EDIT: Oh yeah answered that myself thanks.  :yes:

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
I kinda have a plan for the Nyarlathotep  ;)

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
That's the Lucifer from Derelict, correct ?
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
That's the Lucifer from Derelict, correct ?

Yes, the same one.

I can't decide between making a Lucifer or a Sath emerge deep in Terran territory.

Lucy is less of a tank so it will require more tactical missions whereas the Sath will bring more originality.

Don't worry its not the Nyarlathotep. I am tempted to use a reference to Cthulhu Mythos in the way the Terrans name it but that will probably be too obvious.

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
I still suggest you make the missions with Flaming_Sword, or just give your missions to Flaming_Sword so that he can release them in 1 pack. I will be making a couple of missions myself, for fun. And I already added nebulas to the 3 demo missions of this mod.

Alright. If I come up with something original I will make it as a separate mission and if there is a chance to contribute to the main campaign then I would be happy to.

Offline NFSRacer

• Professional aircraft crasher!
    • Steam
I just thought of something.  Someone on the forums mentioned something about getting FRED to reconize VP file from the different mods.  Anyone know how to do that?  I may be able to redo that mission.

Also, about the mod I'm thinking about making, since I'm still new to modding, I'm going to try something small.  What I going to do is make ALL Shivan fighters and bomber (including Shivan weapons) avalible to the player(s) throughout most of the FS2 campain.  Once I get it working, you all will be the first to know, but first things first, if you guys would like to help, then I need a solution to this problem:

I've got all the FS2 missions extracted from the "root_fs2.vp" file.  I've also got the ship.tbl's and the weapon.tbl's extracted to and modded to allow the player(s) to fly Shivan fighters and allow the ships to support the use Shivan weapons meaning that the player can also equipt them on Shivan fighters.  I tested this on a mission file that I started to make when I first got this idea and it worked!  This was a HUGE start for me!  Now I've run into another road block, this time, it has to do with the campain's mission files.  If you guys haven't already known, changing the file name of one of these missions will remove them from the campain and class them as a single mission.  All I did was change the loadouts, which should show in the campain.  If you know a way to have them update, please let me know.  Also, I may change where the discution for the solution will take place out of fear of the Hard-Light.net hosts doing something to my profile.  Keep checking this post for a link or for the topic name.

The topic you can go to to post any solution to the problem I'm have on editing the FS2 Main Campain is FS2 Main Campain with Shivan Fighters
Oh, yea!  One last thing!  If you guys would like to have Flaming_Sword's Shivan mod to work, I'm willing to fix it, but I need to know how to get FRED2 to reconize Flaming_Sword's VP file.  Any sugestions?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 02:54:12 pm by NFSRacer »
"Said 'It was up to us.  Up to us, to decide.  You've become a virus that eating up it host.  We've been watching you with all our eye, and what you seem to value most.  'So much potential'.  Or so we used to say.  Your greed, self-importance, and your arrogance, you p*** it all away.'" - NIN from Year Zero

Well, I provided that FRED2 shortcut to make it easier for people to FRED their own missions and campaigns using my mod (partly because I imagine it will be a long time before my campaign is done, and I want people to have fun in the meantime). I'll likely compile the best ones into the next version or a small release in the near future (properly credited, of course). The shortcut may be edited to reflect people's directory structure (or you may create your own).

Offline NFSRacer

• Steam
Well, I provided that FRED2 shortcut to make it easier for people to FRED their own missions and campaigns using my mod (partly because I imagine it will be a long time before my campaign is done, and I want people to have fun in the meantime). I'll likely compile the best ones into the next version or a small release in the near future (properly credited, of course). The shortcut may be edited to reflect people's directory structure (or you may create your own).

Odd.  Last time I tried that, FRED2 started nomaly.  The only time I got FRED2 to start with a mod was when I had the Inferno Mod in the FS2 main directory (which, I might add, I was a little dissapointed that the Shivan stelth fighter wasn't in your demo, not that I'm saying I want it in).  Either way, I'll try again and let you know the resualt.  Hopefully I can get FRED2 to start with you mod.  Also, I think I know what the problem is.  Last I heard about this mod, someone got the second mission to start, but he was flying a Terran craft insted of a Shivan craft.  I'm guessing it maybe a different defalt fighter that's giving me and one other guy the (what I call) "Blue Screen of DEATH!!!!" :lol:  I call it that because when Gamma wing arives, the wing display shows up with the player KIA.  Plus, and I hope you don't mind me asking, but, where in the world did you get the sounds for the in-game comunications?!  I think I may end up using that in my mod as well!
"Said 'It was up to us.  Up to us, to decide.  You've become a virus that eating up it host.  We've been watching you with all our eye, and what you seem to value most.  'So much potential'.  Or so we used to say.  Your greed, self-importance, and your arrogance, you p*** it all away.'" - NIN from Year Zero

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
Doesn't the Gigas have an ugly ass shield mesh? Or is that the Diablo?
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
That's the Diablo. And the Iblis. (And I would assume the Vinashaak as well)
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline NFSRacer

• Steam
How about adding additional Shivan models like using an Amritaya juggernaught or better yet, a Gigas, which as far as I know, hasn't been used an any campaign yet. that would be more original.

No kidding.  I think after I gain more experience using FRED2, I may build a Shivan mod some-what similer to Flaming_Sword's Shivan mod and add in multiple Shivan craft from the Inferno Mod into my mod, but that's sometime away, but...Hey, a gamer can dream, can't he?

Plus, have you seen a SSJ Gigas fire ALL it's beam turets?  I've actually recorded a short clip from an Inferno Mod battle senario of a single SSJ Gigas attacking and destroying THREE SUPER-DESTROYERS  (one by ramming into it) AND A SOL JUMP GATE ALL IN TWO SHOTS!!!!    I have yet to post it on YouTube or MySpace.  Just tell me if you want to see it.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 10:37:50 pm by NFSRacer »

Offline NFSRacer

• Steam

Well, I got FS2 re-installed back on my laptop and I tried the FRED2 trunk EXE files that came with the mod, but it's still working the same way FRED2 does with no mod VP files active.  Do you have FS2 Open EXE files in the same folder as the VPs and the FRED2 trunk files?

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
How about adding additional Shivan models like using an Amritaya juggernaught or better yet, a Gigas, which as far as I know, hasn't been used an any campaign yet. that would be more original.

No kidding.  I think after I gain more experience using FRED2, I may build a Shivan mod some-what similer to Flaming_Sword's Shivan mod and add in multiple Shivan craft from the Inferno Mod into my mod, but that's sometime away, but...Hey, a gamer can dream, can't he?

Plus, have you seen a SSJ Gigas fire ALL it's beam turets?  I've actually recorded a short clip from an Inferno Mod battle senario of a single SSJ Gigas attacking and destroying THREE SUPER-DESTROYERS  (one by ramming into it) AND A SOL JUMP GATE ALL IN TWO SHOTS!!!!    I have yet to post it on YouTube or MySpace.  Just tell me if you want to see it.

Upload it.

When I played that demo, the only Shivan fighter I could fly was the Mara and in the second and third mission, I was flying an Erynies. Why? I shouldn't be flying a terran fighter in this campaign.

Make a new pilot file. You can only fly the Mara/Hunter in the campaign. The 3 demo missions have a much MUCH wider selection in ships.

Offline NFSRacer

• Steam
OK.  The clip is uploading,The clip has been uploaded, but it's not as great as I thought.  Instead, the SSJ destroyed two Super-Destroyers.  Over all, this clip still shows how powerful the SSJ can be.  The link is http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=38262253. It's a silent clip, but it's OK.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 10:56:33 am by NFSRacer »

Do you need a stealth ship made? I am currently attempting to create a shivan stealth ship. :P (yeah, I'm new, but I have a good tatste for designs). It is based off the Astaroth but won't have those annoying spikes poking forwards, a wider backwings (to make it fair), and the AWAC stealth capabilities. :P Also, I planeed on dimming the astaroth texture to dim the texture so the red wasn't glowing so much.
Creator of Black Sun Corporation, the leading manufacturer of modern warfare.

Offline NFSRacer

• Steam
Do you need a stealth ship made? I am currently attempting to create a shivan stealth ship. :P (yeah, I'm new, but I have a good tatste for designs). It is based off the Astaroth but won't have those annoying spikes poking forwards, a wider backwings (to make it fair), and the AWAC stealth capabilities. :P Also, I planeed on dimming the astaroth texture to dim the texture so the red wasn't glowing so much.

Actually, there has already been a Shivan stealth fighter made.  It's found in the Inferno Mod.  Its class name I'm not sure of, but I do know it looks some-what like the SB Taravi just shorter, thicker, and its payload is a whole lot lighter than the Taravi.  Use FS2's VPViewer32 on the Inferno Mod VP file to find it.  It's not going to be with the rest of the Shivan fighters.  Instead, it'll be seperate from the rest.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
SF Chimera.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline NFSRacer

• Steam