Author Topic: RELEASE: The wall (mission)  (Read 3759 times)

Offline Romanmolf

• n00b... And loving it
RELEASE: The wall (mission)
''The wall'' has been released.  :)

Note:

It requires fsopen 3.6.9

Download (optional): ;)

- Download fixed version

- FreeSpaceMods.net

- WinLive
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 12:20:58 pm by Swantz »

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Re: RELEASE: The wall (mission)
that's too much action for a single mission  :eek:
el hombre vicio...

Offline Romanmolf

• n00b... And loving it
Is that bad?

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Long missions tend to be annoying to the player, not because of the extent of itself but to the possibility of loosing the mission in the end thus making the player remake the mission from the begining.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Romanmolf

• n00b... And loving it
It's not LONG, it's SHORT with much action.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 03:21:12 pm by Romanmolf »

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
What he means is that you can have a ton of objectives that you have to complete, and you can get 90% of them done and then die, then get pissed because you have to restart.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline tinfoil

• i'm 13 remember
yeah, there's nothing more irritating than being just about to finish a 15 minute mission with a ton of objectives and getting beamed right at the end. (or something similar)
Alcibades' Gamble - We Love Our Ice Cream

Everything you need to know, and more can be found at The Freespace Wiki

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I can't remember exactly but I recall getting mad at PC games several times back in 2006/2007 and periodically kicking the side of my computer case (maybe from a situation like this). I noticed my PC restarting itself quite often (one reason why I got angry and kicked the side of my case). Later, my motherboard failed and I had to replace it and I took that opportunity to buy more parts online to build a faster computer. :D Stupid of me but not all for nothing since my PC is much faster now.

that's a serious issue, I had it too but I learned to focus my anger on something else... these http://www.inglet.com/media/upload/gif/dest_cat2_1_802.jpg are great therapy!
el hombre vicio...

Offline firzenr

I actually survived with 98% hull integrity.

But all that you do in this mission is just blast tons of hostile wings. That's it. I just shot stuff and got like 12 kills, by the time I got my 6th kill I was wondering if anything else was going to happen...nothing did.

Offline tinfoil

• i'm 13 remember
what difficulty setting?

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam

there's people that's just too good at this game...I played it on medium and lost my life after the 4th wing of bombers.
el hombre vicio...

Offline tinfoil

• i'm 13 remember
i JUST made it on hard.

Offline firzenr

what difficulty setting?

Medium.

Will try hard soon to see how I do.

Offline Nuclear1

It was ok, I guess.  There really wasn't a whole lot of anything, other than battling 6 or 7 waves of the same three wings throughout the whole mission.  It was more busy than anything.

Also, "relieved of duty" is essentially the military equivalent of getting fired from your job.  Just "relieved" works fine, or "cleared to return to base", but not "relieved of duty."
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline eliex

I eventually beat the mission on hard.   :D
Pretty good mission, just hectic.   ;)

Offline Romanmolf

• n00b... And loving it
Glad someone enjoined it.