Author Topic: Smaller carrier vessels?  (Read 22819 times)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Re: Smaller carrier vessels?
I don't really think that the Shivans organise by squadron. It seems too human. I'm suprised the Zods do it in all honesty.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Looking at how they can mobilize eighty juggernauts and throw wave after wave of fighters at you with impunity, it wouldn't surprise me they have superjugs and thousands of fighter/bomber squadrons at their disposal.

Well they do actualy have thousands of fighters and bombers at they disposal . See 80+ jugg's can carry an aproximate 80k  thats 20k fighters and bombers (ive put it at 250 fighters and bombers per jugg. However we do not know this for sure but we can safely asume it is a correct figure) .

Also i have a distinct feeling that the Jugg fleet was (IMO) the main force of the shivans. This is not to say they don't have a few dozen destroyer to boot . Or even 1 or 2 even larger more powerfull ships.

However assuming the shivans are all powerfull and have a capship inventory in the tens of thousands sounds pretty stupid to me.

And by all means do remember that the GTVA also in theory have thousands of fighters and bombers. However we never see them. Capella being a densly populated system should and could in theory hold a few thousand bombers and fighters. However i do not believe Capella was being used as a ship production equipment. We do know of other places that hold shipyards and have numerous (in theory) fighters and bombers .

About the whole squadron organization of the fleets and stuff it does seem a bit too human to boot. Perhaps something a bit different. However i would like to hear GTVA Command :"Were sending in a squadron of Aeolus cruisers to engage the enemy's 300 fighters and bombers. Rest asured pilot help is on its way we wont leave you to kill a kazilion fighters and bombers and few dozen warships on your own" Lol. thats never gonna happen . :)))
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 10:40:19 am by AlphaOne »
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
80 x 250 only = 20k though............. :lol:
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
damn now that is one hell of a typo ! hold up il correct it. Still how the hell did i end up writing 80 instead of 20???
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

The recovery ship which picks you up after Into the Lion's Den, could that be a destroyer? Sounds a bit risky to me. It could be a smaller carrier as well. Problem is, we never actually see one being used.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < )

I always had the feeling it was an Argo for some reason......

-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Then they'd have to leave those priceless Maras behind :blah: I don't know if that's a good idea.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
I meant dock the fighters. Jury rigged or an SOC variant.
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Looking at how they can mobilize eighty juggernauts and throw wave after wave of fighters at you with impunity, it wouldn't surprise me they have superjugs and thousands of fighter/bomber squadrons at their disposal.

Well they do actualy have thousands of fighters and bombers at they disposal . See 80+ jugg's can carry an aproximate 80k  thats 20k fighters and bombers (ive put it at 250 fighters and bombers per jugg. However we do not know this for sure but we can safely asume it is a correct figure) .

Also i have a distinct feeling that the Jugg fleet was (IMO) the main force of the shivans. This is not to say they don't have a few dozen destroyer to boot . Or even 1 or 2 even larger more powerfull ships.

However assuming the shivans are all powerfull and have a capship inventory in the tens of thousands sounds pretty stupid to me.

And by all means do remember that the GTVA also in theory have thousands of fighters and bombers. However we never see them. Capella being a densly populated system should and could in theory hold a few thousand bombers and fighters. However i do not believe Capella was being used as a ship production equipment. We do know of other places that hold shipyards and have numerous (in theory) fighters and bombers .

About the whole squadron organization of the fleets and stuff it does seem a bit too human to boot. Perhaps something a bit different. However i would like to hear GTVA Command :"Were sending in a squadron of Aeolus cruisers to engage the enemy's 300 fighters and bombers. Rest asured pilot help is on its way we wont leave you to kill a kazilion fighters and bombers and few dozen warships on your own" Lol. thats never gonna happen . :)))

Remember I said squadrons, not wings. So they may have some thousands of 'squadron-equivalents'. The hightest squadron number I ever saw in FS2 was 242nd Suicide Kings or so, though that doesen't need to be relevant.
And this ain't no ****. But don't quote me for that one. - Mika

I shall rrreach worrrld domination!

Then they'd have to leave those priceless Maras behind :blah: I don't know if that's a good idea.

They can simply dock the Maras to the Argo, after which the Argo jumps back to the Aquitaine (or wherever they were stationed at the time) with the fighters attached to it, then release them again. It's got a whole bunch of docking points and judging from it's size it shouldn't be too difficult to attach 4 fighters to it.

it's got 2, which means probably 2 transports, and maybe 2 wings of fighters and a cruiser, to ensure their survival. And awacs.
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline starlord

Why having stationed a recov ship in the first place? Don't these fighters have jump drives?

Why having stationed a recov ship in the first place? Don't these fighters have jump drives?

Do you want to jump back into the middle of a friendly armada in an enemy fighter?

Do you want to jump back into the middle of a friendly armada in an enemy fighter?

GTVA Command versus Alpha 1 in the most ludicrously powerful fighter in the game?  I'll take those odds.

GTVA Command versus Alpha 1 in the most ludicrously powerful fighter in the game?  I'll take those odds.

If it weren't for the AAAf beams and zero chance of resupply I might agree.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Anyway I'm sure they fitted the Maras with transponders etc.

Offline starlord

Besides, they've got comm.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Besides, they've got comm.

"Don't shoot us! We're not Shivans! See, friendly IFF!"
"OMIGAWD, the shivan is talking! KILL IT NAO!"
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
:lol:

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
actualy a more correct asumption would be that GTVA Command would asume shivans have some sort of cloning plan in progress where they wanna replace everyone in the GTVA with a shivan controlled clone. So they will disect poor alpha one and his companions atempting to find out what makes them work.

After a while when they realized they made a mistake they will just brush it all aside and blame theyr deaths on a freak trafik accident stating that your fighter and that of your wingmen were smashed today by a runaway destroyer.

"The driver of the Orion destroyer was found to be intoxicated with a dangerous new tipe of lolipops that actuali taste good" "His shugar levels were 2,8 "

So there you have it the explanation why YOU get Alpha1 and noone else wants the job :P

Even if i can resuply il still take on a GTVA fleet in a Mara hell il take 2 shivan fleets for that matter in Mara . Just give me a full load of trebs Maxim and Kaiser as a loadout and il be sure to make a super fireworks dispay. :D
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < )