11 (39.3%)
Wing Commander 4
7 (25%)
Wing Commander 5
3 (10.7%)
Other
2 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: Your favorite Wing Commander game  (Read 5683 times)

Re: Your favorite Wing Commander game
Freelancer....

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Freelancer....

that's not exactly Wing Commander  :doubt:
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

But it is "other". What's that supposed to mean, anyway?

I haven't played ANY wing commander, so I can't comment. Actually, I played the WC3 demo, but that's about it. The only thing I noticed was that your wingmen take forever to die or to kill the enemy.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
But it is "other". What's that supposed to mean, anyway?

Other such as: Secret Ops, Armada, Academy, Privateer.
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Drakon

• Thud-Wielding Menace
WC3 and 4 were great. I lean more towards the former though. Hehehe, I was young when I got it and it had been my first computer game. Took me 4 years to stop playing it and that was just because I had switched from Mac to Windows. ^^ I haven't played WC3 in three years now yet I still have a quarter of the briefings memorized from shear repitition. As for Freelancer, I've been playing that since Origin ran aground because I couldn't imagine someone else having such skill to pick up the torch and ressurect their classics. xD
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 09:54:49 pm by Drakon »
C.M.C. "Drakon" Cunningham

Writer, WCIII/IV junkie, one-time Freelancer hotshot, and uh... quaintly eccentric.

Offline Faldaar

All WC games are great. I don't know how often I played 1 & 2 with all these add ons until 3 was released. And after finishing it I couldn't await WC4 and so on....
1 & 2 had a great gameplay and I allways wanted to better than I was last time I played the game.
3 and 4 had those cinematic story parts what i really loved. Well I didn't realy like the end of part 3, but Rachel.... ;) Part 4 had this nice stealth ship and one could go against Tolwyn :P
WC 5, well I didn't like to be not Blair and the story of the former parts was a bit better too.
Secret Ops was a nice free "add-on" that I also played multiple times, but the story was a bit.... weak.

Of course I also played Privateer 1&2. From these 2 i preferred the 2nd part, duno exactly why, it just "felt" better.

So deciding for 1 favorite: WC 3, a little bit before 4.

Faldaar

Wing Commander 4 is a best! Interesting story line + very good simulator part.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 02:04:28 pm by Kamikadze »
P.S. Sorry for my English, I don’t now this language so good. I am also use electronic translator…

Misters - smile! The clever face still not an attribute of mind...