Author Topic: Kingdom of Loathing  (Read 72850 times)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Those monsters scale to your stats... so no matter how high you go, it won't help :nervous: There are a few things you can do to tilt things in your favour though:

First, forget about boosting stats, particularly Moxie...

See, the problem is, I've used up a lot of adventures on the hoboflex due to lack of time. So we are way, way, above, but I can't reliably land a hit and a single combat chews through about half my hitpoints.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
Eye of the Stoat (if SC). Hairspray (if ranged).

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
Note to self: Don't start a BM run during Crimbo, next year.*

*You can't get to Hagnk's, and therefore can't get the free-pulls.  :mad:

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I've never done a BM run (It's actually the next thing I'm planning to do, Although I'm going to be badass and do it all Black Cat). Can you still get into the clan/hobopolis?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
You can use the gym equipment during a BM run. I haven't tried the jukebox, and would imagine that it doesn't work.

As for Hobopolis, well, the option to enter the basement exists. I don't bring my alts in there, though.

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
Huzzah! A 'depleted Grimacite kneecapping stick' is mine!

I can finally start helping The Penguin Mafia wipe the treacherous Mutated Elves off the face of Crimbo Town ('08).

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Well done. I just spent 150 turns fighting the Penguins (with Transcendent Olfaction) to get a Psycho sweater and the damn thing still hasn't dropped.

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
Ridiculously low drop rates on the stuff, says I.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Thank god for Grimace being full today.

A Feddie Story

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
Well done. I just spent 150 turns fighting the Penguins (with Transcendent Olfaction) to get a Psycho sweater and the damn thing still hasn't dropped.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Finally got one!  :D

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Yeah, one finally dropped for me yesterday too. Funny thing about all this Christmas stuff is that I'm already level 29 and I haven't even started my basement dive yet.

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
The Crimbomination sure is an ugly thing.  :eek2:

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
The Crimbomination sure is an ugly thing.  :eek2:

"You lose 22,640 hit points."

Oww. Chrissakes, I've only got 215.

A Feddie Story

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
It picks you up in one betentacled claw, then picks up another adventurer in the other. You hear the other adventurer say, "Hi, I'm White Nite. Do you get smashed into people here often?" before the two of you collide with a sickening crunch.

It picks you up in one betaloned tentacle and throws you at Krinex, your fellow adventurer. It probably hurt her as much as it hurt you. Well, we can hope.

It grabs you in a betaloned tentacle and squeezes you until your eyeballs bulge. Damn your eyes!

:lol:

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Using the Spirit of Crimbo against it seems to work.

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
Anyone else think that the next clan dungeon will be Uncle Hobo related?

Offline Shade

The thought did cross my mind.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
The Crimbomination really needs to die. He/She/It's completely saturating the DNA market.

::EDIT::

Broke a mil.  :D
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 05:24:32 pm by BloodEagle »

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
YAHOO!!!! Toy Ray Gun*!!!

Side note: 24 item grabs on my main (and I missed a couple of days worth of adventuring).  :D

*ranged weapon (1-handed pistol); 175 power; +5 Hot Damage; 2x chance of Critical Hit

Offline Shade

Only ten items here, but then I spent time doing bounties and meatfarming/shoring too. However, I finally got the last trophy I was aiming for this run (and boy did that take a while), so now all I have to do is get another three moxie for level thirty and jump through the gash :D I do hope I can remember how to play at low levels, cause it sure has been a while :p

Oh, and I suppose since Crimbo is over (for real this time) we should be getting together the cash to reflood the sewers again. Personally I've got about 500k saved up now that can go towards it. Oh, and the loot from last time still needs distributing. Mustn't forget that.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.