Author Topic: Mystery pic #2  (Read 17226 times)

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
what ship are you flying in that pic??
el hombre vicio...

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
What I meant was "graphical" enhancements...
We already have all the models done (barring two or three extremely specialized ones that we won't need any time soon) as well as all the backgrounds and weapon effects done.  So, we won't be making further graphical enhancements if doing so will take manpower away from mission design.

However, the effects we already have are pretty good.  We use Lightspeed's background bitmaps and several enhanced weapon effects.  We don't have any skybox artists though.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Sometimes I think optimizing ships is sometimes a waste of time. I hardly notice the enhancements on ships like fighters since they whizz by so fast.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Sometimes I think optimizing ships is sometimes a waste of time. I hardly notice the enhancements on ships like fighters since they whizz by so fast.

You can't be serious! Don't you love flying next to a ship and admiring the graceful lines and the distorted look on the pilot's face?  :lol:

Offline eliex

The game works to fast in a dogfight for that unfortunately - apart from ships cruiser up of course.

Offline Snail

• SC 5

You can't be serious! Don't you love flying next to a ship and admiring the graceful lines and the distorted look on the pilot's face?  :lol:
Well, sometimes it just defeats itself. The models themselves are gorgeous, but in-game the shading system and ****ed up maps and etc. just make it fugly.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
*Mobius observes that Arachnas*

Uhm... :rolleyes:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Hmm...just noticed that it doesn't appear to have have glowmaps.
Not that they're decativated, but its using textures without em it seems?
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
I don't think it's possible to tell the difference between deactivated and removed glowmaps...

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I don't think it's possible to tell the difference between deactivated and removed glowmaps...
Well, on Shivan ships generally speaking "deactivated" means just the base textures are visible. In the MVPs this gives the effect of a black/grey Shivan ship.

Offline eliex

Not to mention that they look really ugly on FRED.