Author Topic: Development pics  (Read 31577 times)

Offline Firstdragon34

• Bowties = Awesomeness
Or Sirius?
A small voice in my head tells me they are have followed us here in the Milky Way. They follow us until we are dead at their feet. We are nomands of the stars, no longer the race that was loved by the Great Elders. My name is Kyral and this is my story of survival.

There is no sanctuary for us, in this Universe. We will fight the Terror for one last time on this Shining World. May the Transcendent judge us kindly in the Life Stream.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
:bump: for progress...

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships
That looks awesome. Can we have a p3d?

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
In needs moar gunz!

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Woah... Moon is still active?
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Cool!  New Warlock.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
That looks awesome. Can we have a p3d?
Moonred sent me .3ds and .obj files, so that's all I have.  And I'll only hand them out if I get a promise of uv mapping in return. :D

Woah... Moon is still active?
Depends on your threshold for "active".  I had to harass him intermittently for two years to get this much. :P

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Err... Goob, I think they mean an upload to p3d. Obj will do (in fact they insist on it) and AFAIK, all you can do with the model once it's uploaded is look at it on the website.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
OIC.  Well, I don't have an account there, and I don't really want to sign up for one.  But if someone does have an account, I can send them the model to upload.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
I do, just PM it to me
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline Moonred

Oh well, Im back ^^
Gimmeh models...moaaar!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Welcome back!  Why don't you post in the modding forum to ask for some modeling tips? :)  (Especially for optimizing models. :nervous:)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Hades was kind enough to upload the model to p3d.  Here you go..

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
:bump:

It's been a while since the last update. Time to change that :).
Moonred's fancy science ship is mapped, ao baked and awaiting for textures!

Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Cool looking Faustus  :yes:

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
This does look terrific. :yes: I love the detailed greebling on the side panels! However it needs a docking bay for escape pods/probe deployment... unless that's going to be in the front recess?
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
The front recess sounds like a good spot, same as the current Faustus.  Note that the Faustus doesn't have a modeled fighterbay or even a fighterbay subsystem; just having a bay path is enough for it to work. 

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Props to anyone who was involved in getting this model this far. The original was so incredibly badly modelled it almost broke me when I tried to work on it. Having looked at it in p3d, it looks like it's basically been rebuilt into something approaching a clean, usable mesh - I'm suitably impressed. :yes:
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Props to anyone who was involved in getting this model this far. The original was so incredibly badly modelled it almost broke me when I tried to work on it. Having looked at it in p3d, it looks like it's basically been rebuilt into something approaching a clean, usable mesh - I'm suitably impressed. :yes:
Thanks. I had to remake a lot of sections due to terryfic geometry, doubled faces and numerous other stuff. Yeah, it's was a pain but it's worth it :). Hades probably did a lot of work before, and I don't exactly know how bad this model was before he did his part. Anyway after a really big amount of work, it's ready for texturing.

Offline TacOne

• Dabbling Modder
Is the ventral surface of the forward section intended to be so ... barren?