Author Topic: What's the general plan for this mod? Not another "is it dead?" thread, I swear.  (Read 4909 times)

What's the general plan for this mod? Not another "is it dead?" thread, I swear.
I very recently stumbled upon this mod, and I am quite intrigued. I gather that the mod is still being worked on, and contingency plans are in place for the potential scenario of the remaining work just dragging on too long or being held up by something.

However, I'm still confused as to the general state and plan for the mod--not "is it dead?" or "when will it be done?", but "how is this mod's released planned?" Is it going to be multiple releases of 'parts' (ala BP), with the first part nearing release, or is the mod close enough to being done that the dev team is aiming for a full release in the near future?

And, out of curiosity, what general kind of stuff remains to be done to complete this mod? Again, no pressure or expectations is intended, here, just honest, non-judgmental curiosity.
Delenda Est delenda est.

(Yay gratuitous Latin.)

Offline Sesquipedalian

• Atankharz'ythi
Re: What's the general plan for this mod? Not another "is it dead?" thread, I swear.
The plan is to release it in parts. The first part is nearing release. :)
Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

The Scroll of Atankharzim | FS2 syntax highlighting

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: What's the general plan for this mod? Not another "is it dead?" thread, I swear.
Honest curiosity is good, and it's always nice to have active threads in the public section. :):yes:

We have a "to-do list" on the internal forum for the stuff that needs to be done prior to releasing Part 1.  There are two huge tasks, two major tasks, and a bunch of minor tasks remaining.

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
I'm seriously happy to hear that SA is progressing it is one of the few projects i'm interested in. :) now that MT is dead :((
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Man, I can't wait for the release! This is one of the most promising and mysterious projects of the HLP :D
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.