Author Topic: RELEASE: High-poly GTCa Warlock  (Read 22818 times)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
RELEASE: High-poly GTCa Warlock
I have seen beyond the bounds of infinity and drawn down daemons from the stars. . . . I have harnessed the shadows that stride from world to world to sow death and madness. . . . Space belongs to me, do you hear? Things are hunting me now—the things that devour and dissolve—but I know how to elude them. -HP Lovecraft, "From Beyond"

Warlock... ARISE.

DOWNLOAD the model now and give it a whirl!

This newest release includes Galemp's latest textures as well as a sample -shp.tbm.  The ship isn't directly compatible with the old INF R1 version; there are differences in turrets, armament, subsystems, and paths.  Some tweaking may be needed before you drop this into existing missions.

Credits are Aldo for the original low-poly model, Moonred for the mesh, Hades for optimization, FreeSpaceFreak for UVmapping, Galemp for texturing, and Yarn and Hades for POF editing.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 03:46:33 pm by Goober5000 »
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Re: RELEASE: High-poly GTCa Warlock
Looks great, and seems like it was a real team effort, bravo!

(also, any chance of a p3d?  :nervous:)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Luis Dias

I like the hangar, looks homeworld-y, although the geometry of the ship doesn't allow for the light to spill more around the ship.

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
Loved it in INFR1. Glad to see it's been revived!
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

It looks more armored than low poly. :cool:
Great job. :yes:

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
  • Balance breaker! Thats me!
    • Steam
Yep, definitely looks great
--Did it! It's RELEASED! VeniceMirror Thread--

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
(also, any chance of a p3d?  :nervous:)

I dunno how to make them, but here's an untextured one!

"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline mr.WHO

Loved it in INFR1. Glad to see it's been revived!

Now if it only make it into next Inferno that would be so OP.

Offline CT27

Will the Warlock wiki page get updated?

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Wrong question. The correct question is "How do I edit the wiki page?"
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 12:38:16 am by Black Wolf »
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline CT27

In any case, I've tested the new Warlock and it works fine in the campaigns "The Aftermath" and "Return To Sol".

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
We'll post an updated release soon with a table entry and a POF with some errors fixed.  I'm on vacation this week so there will be a bit of a delay coordinating things.

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
The Warlock has returned, to again fight the war she was made for.

The GTCa Independence rides again.
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
We'll post an updated release soon with a table entry and a POF with some errors fixed.  I'm on vacation this week so there will be a bit of a delay coordinating things.

And updated textures!

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
:bump:

Went to look at the Wiki page. It was a huge mess, so I cleaned it up.

Good work on the new model. For some odd reason, it reminds me of the Colossus without the stems.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Went to look at the Wiki page. It was a huge mess, so I cleaned it up.

Thank you!

I've attempted to upload the revised model to FreeSpaceMods.net (with updated textures and POF data) but I have no idea who's supposed to be approving the submissions... any ideas?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Try messaging achtung.

Also, I have not forgotten about re-posting a bugfixed version of the release. :)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
:bump:

The first post has now been updated with the latest version.  The POF has been edited to correct numerous debug errors, and the zip now includes Galemp's latest textures.  And the zip now has a -shp.tbm table entry. :)

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?