Author Topic: Going into this campaign completely blind  (Read 10626 times)

Offline HLD_Prophecy

• PVD_Hope in a former life
Re: Going into this campaign completely blind
As for "you fight like a Vasudan", yeah it doesn't really fit, but we decided to roll with it.

I just took it for granted that it was something like how someone in our world might tell you to "fight like a man" or "man up"

As for "you fight like a Vasudan", yeah it doesn't really fit, but we decided to roll with it.

I just took it for granted that it was something like how someone in our world might tell you to "fight like a man" or "man up"

But particular on that field the Vasudans were always different to the Terrans; it should be more like "You truly deserve to call yourself a Vasudan" or something like that.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Just type it into the address bar of Windows Explorer.  %APPDATA% will resolve to your profile AppData\Roaming folder.

Did that but the only folder I found in roaming is labeled Microsoft and inside it is something called System Certificates.

In that case, check out the more detailed instructions in this post according to the version that you're running.

That post doesn't say anything about screenshots.

Shivans view most other species the way we view infectious diseases. They think they are doing good by curing the universe of them. After all, no one mourns the fate of smallpox.

The Final War For The Multiverse

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
But it does say something about the log.

If your build doesn't put screenshots in %APPDATA%, it may not have built-in screenshot capability.

I think this is it here

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]
Shivans view most other species the way we view infectious diseases. They think they are doing good by curing the universe of them. After all, no one mourns the fate of smallpox.

The Final War For The Multiverse

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Good work.  Okay, two things I found out from the log:

1) The %APPDATA% path does exist.  The full path name for screenshots on your computer is C:\Users\igotb_000\AppData\Roaming\HardLightProductions\FreeSpaceOpen\screenshots.

2) You're using 3.8.0, and others have reported graphical problems on 3.8.0.  Try a nightly build, or try playing with 3.7.4.